Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spots, 3-d and hunting. If you could have one arrow for all tasks what would it be? All brands on the table.

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,139 Posts
My hunting arrows. Easton Litespeed. Let's face it, if you are shooting all three with one arrow you are a "hobbyist".

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,139 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
dat torch/hexx

i shoot the same arrow that i hunt for 3D. i may grab an extra point shooting fast shafts... but i dont want to break lines, i want to shoot inside out. slowly getting there. they fly great for long distance shooting too like TAC and novelty shoots. the light weight really helps for a flat trajectory.

i did just pick up fat shafts for spots. but im not seeing my scores rise leaps and bounds shooting telephone poles. i have more to work on than an extra couple mms will grab me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My hunting arrows. Easton Litespeed. Let's face it, if you are shooting all three with one arrow you are a "hobbyist".
More of a budgetist... I have fat boys for spots now but I would like to have one arrow that I could get tuned perfect without having to change rest.(only have one bow) plus there are many hunting arrows with great tolerances.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I shoot axis for everything. durable, thin, not super fast but also carry some weight for hunting. and 'relatively' cheap compared to some other premium options

·
Registered
40 Posts
I like the Victory RIP (both normal and XV) and the Easton Axis; however, i fall very strictly into the hobbyist category.

I like pushing FOC up significantly for hunting but don't find it quite as necessary for anything else, however if you achieve your FOC goals by adding most of the weight in the head, you can swap out the head and decrease weight for a dramatically faster arrow when shooting 3D or spots. Since you're using the same shaft diameter the rest is more or less in the right place and there is minimal tuning and sight adjustment. Or you have the option of still running a heavy tip for target shooting and leaving everything the same. It's easier to tune an overly stiff arrow if you're playing with the spine by changing weights.

Once again, just a simple man and a novice who doesn't compete with anyone but his own skillset at this point.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
GT Hunter Pro

·
Registered
753 Posts
Gold tip 22 pros. Best do all arrow and they shoot great. Screw in inserts and 100gr point, which would be similiar to running a 120 gr glue in point.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Another vote for Easton Hexx,Da Torch . So easy to work with, you can make a ton of combos with one shaft. Very durable also.

·
Mountain Life
6,873 Posts
if I had to choose one do it all arrow, it would be the Easton A/C/C.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts