Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To elaborate my question, I’m wanting to know your opinion on the deadmeats accuracy? How does it shoot in comparison to a field point? How about the BMP? How does the bmp compare to the real McCoy?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I can't speak for the dead meat but I do shoot the havoc's and so far so good accurate and the bmp flies like the real blades

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I bought a package of Deadmeats & they all flew very straight, on point with the BMP and field tips. What I didn't like was the hissing noise they made during flight. That may or may not mean anything to you so disregard if it doesn't. I never hunted with them. Accuracy is as good as any other head I've shot.

·
The Impartial Archer
18,777 Posts
What I don't like is that big fat ferrule........yikes. It will be fine on ribs but that's a lot of mass to pass through bone.......of course you just don't hit bone like the other 99% of the people on AT and yer' good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine shot same as field points although my bow was already tuned for my fix blades to shot with field points.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Very accurate and lethal.Killed 3 deer with them last year.2 complete pass throughs and the other lodged in the opposite shoulder.None traveled more than 75 yards.
Blood trail may not be as strong as it is with some of the bigger mechanicals,because it doesn't have a huge cutting diameter,but penetrates well.
They have a little rattle to them which can be cured with some wax or chapstick on the front end of the blades where they snap into the ferrule.
I used the G5 T3"s for a while and these are a better version.BMP is spot on with broadheads and field tips for me.
They will be riding in my quiver for a while as long as the quality stays the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts