Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shoot compound unlimited and never thought my shooting was good enough for me to warrant buying x-10's over a/c/e's, navigators,ect.............and then,................ Mr. Stan Boyd had a great deal on a dozen 'almost' new set that was the perfect match for me.
I set them up,personalized them with some cresting, and sighted from 30 meters and back to 70 meters today.(I have a 90 meter range here at the shop and the wind is usually pretty brutal).
I could not believe how well they did for me without having to re-tune much from the a/c/c's that I had been using for field and 3D. The wind was blowing as hard as usual but man them shafts just seem to cut right through and do their job! I was completely impressed and now know why they cost so much!
Would like to say thanks to Stan, but I know he's headed to Colorado for Nats.
If any of you are borderline on trying them.......do yourself a favor and go for it. They truley are an amazing shaft! I got in the gold and stayed there today while in a good strong wind...........believe me, that is not usually the case for me.
Now all I gotta do is get someones attention well enough to get Easton to send me a few dozen a year ;) :)
Jerry

Attachments

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Jerry,

Outstanding...

I am happy that the x10's worked out. Man they look much better now than when I had them.

Good luck.

Stan

·
Lowered expectations
17,102 Posts
I have a set of Stan's recycled X-10s as well, and even at my ripe old age I'm shooting PBs (at least in practice) every once in a while. Yesterday a 349 at 70M, and a few weeks ago 275 on 14 NFAA field.

What else you got, ksarcher? :teeth:

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Stash,

I started to contact you on the x10s that I sold to Jerry but I saw you has bought a bow that you could not get into your home... :D

How did that work out?

I may have some ace 570's for sale after this week. The wind in Colorado blows those suckers sidways!!

Stan :beer:

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hehehe....... jeeeez Stan, your paying a goodly amount to help supply other archers! You're pro shop must love you imensly............
bummer on the 570's. I know that feeling when you just got a bunch of new arrows but they didn't work out.(I was very happy when the 550's did)
I'm kinda curious too Stash if ya ever got that new equipment sneaked in the house without a beating. :mg: :D :D Thankfully Martina doesn't shoot so she doesn't know an X-10 from a xt hunter. ;)

·
Lowered expectations
17,102 Posts
Everything's cool equipment-wise over here. I got pleanty of X-10s now which I use for field and target (sold all the ACEs), and the new bow got in the house OK but I had to promise to put 2 others up for sale.

So I'm back in the frustrating situation of not needing to buy anything.

What to do, what to do... ???

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
congrats on your results, i was wondering how you think they compare to the ace's? i have been thinking of setting some up for my venture into field archery next year.

·
Urban Archery
3,813 Posts
I shot ACE's for years and since going to the X10's I would never ever ever buy ACEs again. The ACEs are a good recurve arrow, but they have no value for compound at all. Too light.
If you shoot unmarked field use the lightspeed.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Kelly, last year Sally went to the OD Nationals at Watkins Glen with 2 dozen 570 ACE's and after a week of F & H and 1 900 round the next weekend she had 9 good arrows left that were not destroyed. This year she took 2 dozen 550 X-10's and the only arrow she wrecked was the one she tubed into Monique rains shaft on Monday. I will say this the 570 ACe's tuned so much better than the current X-10's from the same bow. we were looking for you this year at Yankton, maybe next year????? Ken

1 - 10 of 10 Posts