Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Darrington. You could not ask for better weather. Not a cloud in the sky all week. Well I would have shot Decent, a little below average if it were not for me being so darn stuipd. Day one I had some minor equepment problems that set me back a few points but on to of that I SHOT THE WRONG TARGET!!!! 5 points GONE! oh well at least I could improve the next day for shooting the wrong target I had lots of room to improve. NOPE! Day 2 I shot the wrong target two times!!!! there goes 10 more points! The third day I got back on track with a decent but not my best score of a 546. AND I SHOT ALL MY ARROWS ON THE RIGHT TARGET!!! Yepeee!!! Day 4 on the hunter round I started off terrible dropping a point on the second target at 23 yards. I went on to only drop 2 more points that half which were both at 48 yards. We start the second half and I was so much in the zone I FORGOT TO WALK UP AT THE 23yd 20yd. Shot 3 arrows at 23!! 5 more points gone for a total of 546. HOW CAN ANYONE BE SO STUIPID???? So I ended up first in flight 3 by a slight margin of I believe 41 points. ????? I need a shirt with MORON written in large letters to wear while I shoot. Well hopefuly this would be a good enough lesson to be extra careful. Oh well better luck next year.

Lesson to be learned: YOU CAN NOT GAIN POINTS SHOOTING THE WRONG TARGET!!!!

·
Owner WR Custom Bowstring
1,057 Posts
Hey Brad
Don't worry been there done that. So what size shirt do you need.
Just kidding! See you at the Nationals
Terry

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Hey Brad, don't be so hard on yourself. We've all done it and survived. Sounds like you shot pretty well, so take the good and leave the bad behind. I'd rather hear about the good targets than your screw-ups anyday. :) You'll do better next time.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Brad - real fun traveling coast to coast and NOT having your head into the game, just chalk it up and keep in mind your shot sequence which includes where your at in the game!!! David Chouinard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts