Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tonight I went out to a brand new piece of land I just got permission to hunt.I went out about 4. I did not expect to see anything Not knowing were anything is. Well I walk in and I'm walking down a path when I here a tree shaking. I look up and I said Holy Crap out loud. 40 yards in front of me I see the biggest buck I have ever seen. I drop my stand and hide behide some brush. About 2 minutes later a little breeze blows from behide me and he smells me and runs off and stops about 70 yards away and just walked off like nothing ever happened. Then I put my climer on the tree and climb up about 23 feet. 3 minutes later I have 4 turkeys walk 35 yards away from me. When I walked out I saw 8 deer in a bean field 40 yards from my stand. Do you think I should kept hunting this land. I really like it hope I can kill that buck.

·
Registered
159 Posts
'Do you think I should kept hunting this land.'

Is this a trick question???!!!!

I sit the same stand almost all the time and the only animals I have seen are- Squirles, chipmunks, a cat, and geese. So why do I sit this stand??? Lots of good deer sign. Tracks have been seen under my stand too.

So if I had seen what you have seen I would freeze my butt off every day until I got my shot at that monster buck you spoke of.

Good hunting.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope,It is not a trick question just whated to know what every one thought. One more thing I am going to freeze my butt off untill I shot that buck

·
Registered
13,494 Posts
Peanuts said:
Well tonight I went out to a brand new piece of land I just got permission to hunt.I went out about 4. I did not expect to see anything Not knowing were anything is. Well I walk in and I'm walking down a path when I here a tree shaking. I look up and I said Holy Crap out loud. 40 yards in front of me I see the biggest buck I have ever seen. I drop my stand and hide behide some brush. About 2 minutes later a little breeze blows from behide me and he smells me and runs off and stops about 70 yards away and just walked off like nothing ever happened. Then I put my climer on the tree and climb up about 23 feet. 3 minutes later I have 4 turkeys walk 35 yards away from me. When I walked out I saw 8 deer in a bean field 40 yards from my stand. Do you think I should kept hunting this land. I really like it hope I can kill that buck.
you didnt say where that piece of land is.....hehehehe

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I went out tonight about 3:30. I did not see any deer but thought I saw a buck jump a fence about 80 yards away after I got in my stand. It was proberly a buck proberly just spooked it.
About 30 minutes later I heard some scraching in the leaves about 40 yards away. Just then I had a flock of 12 turkey came in which was awsome. Just as the sun was going down I heard more leaves being scrached but this time it was a lot louder. I am hoping it is a buck. Going out tommorw morning can't wait!

·
Registered
28,188 Posts
Peanuts said:
When I walked out I saw 8 deer in a bean field 40 yards from my stand. Do you think I should kept hunting this land. I really like it hope I can kill that buck.
Only if you want to kill some deer.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Re: 'Do you think I should kept hunting this land.'

waterdragonlpn said:
Is this a trick question???!!!!

I sit the same stand almost all the time and the only animals I have seen are- Squirles, chipmunks, a cat, and geese. So why do I sit this stand??? Lots of good deer sign. Tracks have been seen under my stand too.

So if I had seen what you have seen I would freeze my butt off every day until I got my shot at that monster buck you spoke of.

Good hunting.
Try moving that stand 75 yards down wind, and I bet you connect with a deer ;).. they got you patternd

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Peanuts,

You need to get out of there...much too crowded ;) :D :D Let me know and I'll come over and help you pack your stuff out :D :D

Kidding of course. Can you move the stand to a different location...seems the deer are avoiding that spot...

·
Registered
454 Posts
Daemonspeeding said:
3 questions? Where do they sleep? Where do they eat? Where do they drink? When you know this you can predict ( to some extent ) his movements rather than rely on dumb luck.
There's nothing wrong with dumb luck.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I went out yesterday and saw 4 buck and 6 does. All of the buck were 8 points or higher. I also saw the monster buck. Could not get a shot. Yesterday evening just after legel shooting time a big 10 point walked 35 yards from me. I went out today and heard bucks fighting but didn't see any. I saw three does. One of the does bedded down 23 yards from my stand for 30 minutes. Could not get a shot at the doe when she was bedded too much brush. But when she woke up she walked 22 yards from my stand and I nailed her. So I got my first deer of the year. Now going to try for a buck.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Congrats Peanuts

I knew it would not be long before you would be filling your tags.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts