Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to start off by saying I love archery and enjoy shooting as many different bows as I can get my grubby little hands on. When I first got into archery pse was a taboo word with most everyone in the group of guys I shot with so a pse was never a option in my mind. In my neck of the woods the only "pro" shop sells bows that start with a M. For the first several years I shot 3 different bows from said company that starts with the letter M. Then after a while I thought there had to be more to archery then this and started buying as many diffrent bows as I could. Anyway this led me to pse bows and I absolutly love them. But every time im at the range i hear the same thing. What a pse?? Just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this?????

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
Yeah, then they shoot mine and go dang that's good. It's always funner to beat out the competition also with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Yep, I live my M's backyard. (It's literally an hr from here) So for me to show up at a shoot with would an M or an H, I tend to get some weird looks.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I used to shoot Matts. Not that I was brand loyal or anything, I just ended up picking them over other bows.

Did get a lot of "nods" for owning one I guess. But not from the H-folk, lol.

This year around M disappointed me in not shipping my ordered bow to me for ages, tried some Elites / PSE's and loved on of the latter.
I get some negative feedback from some. Which is great, the fact that my bow annoys them is +10 to mental game for me!
Actually got some "mismatched" colors going on as well, planning to make it even worse. I really don't give one {insert something} about how my bow looks as long as it is not dinged up.
People get angry at it. Especially those with all matched blue / red / green dampeners and stuff on their M / H bows.

And I'm just gonna walk in there:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Pay the haters no mind, some people are stuck on the brand no matter how they shoot. I say shoot what feels best and shoots best for you. If it is M or H it's all good, if not it's still all good.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
We're talking Maitland and High Country right?:whip2:

·
Strictly Public Land
12,305 Posts
when i see people shoot a certain brand of bow... i just think in my head that they overpaid for the same technology the company had a few years ago. they just changed a few things to make the bow look better. but i dont judge, what ever floats their boat.

·
Premium Member
26,863 Posts
Only had 1 problem like that..A Shop worker who did not sell the brand i shoot,I Wont go back,But most canadians dont care what others shoot and are not stuck up about it,We get out and enjoy the hunt...Instead of acting like Grade Schoolers..Sorry to hear that you have to put up with that..I Would just laugh and walk away..Waste of time dealing with tools like that..Life is too short..Enjoy the hunt...Grizz

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Years back it was hard to find a shop close to home that carried PSE's. However I did find them and bought the. Now there are a lot, thanks for the good bows PSE. I to live in the land of Mathews, I bet 85% - 90% of the bows in camp are Mathews, I am the only PSE shooter and I think there is one Hoyt and one Bowtech shooter in the group. Mathews makes good bows as well as the other two, I just happen to like and come back PSE's for some reason.

Ches.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I've had the same problem, but not with PSE. I shoot a Bowtech and let me tell you, "I don't get no respect" (In my best Rodney Dangerfield voice).

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Most of the guys I shoot with are H and M haters. I always hear the "sea of red, black and yellow" comments about the big shoots. I could care less. "Run what ya brung" IMO. Pretty good shooters shooting all of them right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts