Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the hunting seasons opened up for many this past weeekend....from big game to dove seasons.....

nascar had a good race and seems to be positioning for a great final race to make the chase.....all the high profile drivers are going to be fighting it out for the 7-10 spots....

tiger woods made it 5 wins in a row....started the day 3 strokes back of vijay who had just set the course record the day before...and tiger almost set the record on his final round to win by 2shots....

barry bonds steroid issues seems to quietly being dying...while he suddenly has found his groove and hitting home runs....he is only 25 homers behind hank aarons home run record.....

college football had a pretty good kickoff weekend.....the usual teams seem to win the games that they should have....notre dame barely squeaked by the rambling wreck.....the seminoles held on to a 3point win over miami....and with florida states schedule, they have to be a favorite to now make it to the national championship game...they have 8 home games left, and hardly any real ranked teams in the way....and how bout the cornhuskers-there back....oh ya....ivorytooths dyed dirt team did win its opener against ....i dont know, never heard of em before....also, congrats toothy....boise did make a list....for having the worst uniforms in college football....

and lastly....lets not forget the indoor archery season has OFF-ically kicked off.....first DARRINM comes to town and rigs up a right handed bow to shoot lefty (which by the way was about a inch and half too long) and wins the first OFF-ical barn burner......and too top it off...KWARDS indoor season has started very ROCKy for her.....yesterday she came over to face what is probably the first in history for her.....her second defeat in a row....(im sure yall will here about how she was robbed of a arrow call-but dont believe anything she says:tongue: )....she did give a very gallent effort...as her 299 tied mine...unfortunately in the shootoff, her 2X's didnt hold water to my 3X's:wink:

cant wait till next weekend.....bar bques and deer season kicks off around here....

and for the record....i got one dove this past weekend...and never shouldered a gun....the thing just landed right by me:confused:

·
Registered
10,985 Posts
You forgot one . . . UNC Tarheels losing to the football powerhouse of Rutgers . . . . what was up with that???

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mr. October said:
You forgot one . . . UNC Tarheels losing to the football powerhouse of Rutgers . . . . what was up with that???
watch out for rutgers......and the other team you want on your schedule is colorado.....

·
Registered
10,985 Posts
Also . . . what was up with Bobby Cox against the Phillies/Ryan Howard the other day? I expected the Phils and Braves to split both double-headers (does anyone actually ever win a double-header???), but what was he smoking that he kept letting his pitchers throw to Big Ryan? :noidea: I didn't watch the games but when they said Howard had homers #50, 51, and 52 I thought it would be in both games . . . no it was just in one!

I saw that Houston's manager took note. He signalled his pitcher to walk him last night before he even left the on-deck circle!

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mr. October said:
Also . . . what was up with Bobby Cox against the Phillies/Ryan Howard the other day? I expected the Phils and Braves to split both double-headers (does anyone actually ever win a double-header???), but what was he smoking that he kept letting his pitchers throw to Big Ryan? :noidea: I didn't watch the games but when they said Howard had homers #50, 51, and 52 I thought it would be in both games . . . no it was just in one!

I saw that Houston's manager took note. He signalled his pitcher to walk him last night before he even left the on-deck circle!

yep....two players hit 3 homers in one game this weekend.....what ever happened to the player who had that long hit streak...chase utley i think was the name....when did it end and how many games????

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
The team was Sac State. :D But your right, Sacremento was like a practice squad scrimmage. :D

We are gonna get us some Beaver this Thursday on ESPN2. Oregon State is coming to town. :D No bad call by the ref is gonna save them this time. :D Last I heard, uniforms don't win games. :D I wonder which ones they voted on? BSU has several variations.

Who did the Maize Huskers beat? Oh yeah, a nobody team as well. They haven't proved anything to me. It must be duck season in Nebraska already. :D :p

One of the teams in your corncob conference tried to do the same as your lincoln log team did, schedule a nobody. I am sure them bufflers in Colorado thought a Big Sky team was easy meat. Well it was for them Bobcats of Montana State. :D I think they are 3-0 lifetime against Colorado. Hawkins should have stayed on the blue turf. :D

How about Idaho against Michigan State? Two former Idaho coaches going head to head. Erickson came back to Idaho this year and almost beat John L's team. When John L was head coach for Idaho, he used to run up scores. Couldn't do it this week. :D The Vandals had a real chance at beating the Spartans.

Didn't the Dukies lose too? :D

Indoor spots hasn't started yet here. Most of the hillhumpers are hunting right now since just about everything is open to archery hunting. Indoor should open about October.

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ivorytooth said:
The team was Sac State. :D But your right, Sacremento was like a practice squad scrimmage. :D

We are gonna get us some Beaver this Thursday on ESPN2. Oregon State is coming to town. :D No bad call by the ref is gonna save them this time. :D Last I heard, uniforms don't win games. :D I wonder which ones they voted on? BSU has several variations.

Who did the Maize Huskers beat? Oh yeah, a nobody team as well. They haven't proved anything to me. It must be duck season in Nebraska already. :D :p
One of the teams in your corncob conference tried to do the same as your lincoln log team did, schedule a nobody. I am sure them bufflers in Colorado thought a Big Sky team was easy meat. Well it was for them Bobcats of Montana State. :D I think they are 3-0 lifetime against Colorado. Hawkins should have stayed on the blue turf. :D
How about Idaho against Michigan State? Two former Idaho coaches going head to head. Erickson came back to Idaho this year and almost beat John L's team. When John L was head coach for Idaho, he used to run up scores. Couldn't do it this week. :D The Vandals had a real chance at beating the Spartans.

Didn't the Dukies lose too? :D
Indoor spots hasn't started yet here. Most of the hillhumpers are hunting right now since just about everything is open to archery hunting. Indoor should open about October.
first of all....they voted all the dyed dirt uniforms as hidious.....

as for the mighty huskers....la tech, which will win twice as many games as SAC will.....

actually the dukies recieved one vote for top 20 before the season began...(the old ball coach does it every year)

as for your fallen hero hawkins.....at his current pace...he will end up back on your schedule.....most likely as coach for SAC STATE or there abouts....

·
Registered
183 Posts
The Razorbacks got destroyed by USC.

Luckily, I'm so used to the Hogs "getting destroyed" that it hardly seems cause me to have a "bad weekend" anymore.

Other than getting lost hiking yesterday my Labor Day weekend was great. Saturday morn me and 34 other guys shot 400 doves on some private land near here.

Good times, good times.

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
onebowtie said:
first of all....they voted all the dyed dirt uniforms as hidious.....

as for the mighty huskers....la tech, which will win twice as many games as SAC will.....

actually the dukies recieved one vote for top 20 before the season began...(the old ball coach does it every year)

as for your fallen hero hawkins.....at his current pace...he will end up back on your schedule.....most likely as coach for SAC STATE or there abouts....
Hawkins has got to be doing some serious sweating about now. Too bad he can't pick up any free agents eh? :D

La tech is a WAC team or used to be. :D They are coming here later in the season. I couldn't figure out why, they ain't hillhumpers. We have them on the schedule. I bet we beat them worse than those children of the corn did. :D They need to go back to double eh ball. :D :p

Looks like the big red bully is picking on Nicholls State this week. Another patsy for your team. Duck season is definitely open there in flatland. :D Those boys there must need a lot of confidence building before they face a real team. :D

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
FroMan said:
The Razorbacks got destroyed by USC.

Luckily, I'm so used to the Hogs "getting destroyed" that it hardly seems cause me to have a "bad weekend" anymore.

Other than getting lost hiking yesterday my Labor Day weekend was great. Saturday morn me and 34 other guys shot 400 doves on some private land near here.

Good times, good times.
That don't hurt my feelings any. As you know, the coach you have now deserted his team here in Boise without saying anything. Nutt isn't a well liked man over here. :D It all worked out because we got much better coaches than Nutt. :)

USC destroyed them last year too.

How long will it be before the other white meat team says, "Houston, you are a problem." :D :D :p :p

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ivorytooth said:
Hawkins has got to be doing some serious sweating about now. Too bad he can't pick up any free agents eh? :D

La tech is a WAC team or used to be. :D They are coming here later in the season. I couldn't figure out why, they ain't hillhumpers. We have them on the schedule. I bet we beat them worse than those children of the corn did. :D They need to go back to double eh ball. :D :p
Looks like the big red bully is picking on Nicholls State this week. Another patsy for your team. Duck season is definitely open there in flatland. :D Those boys there must need a lot of confidence building before they face a real team. :D

ill take that bet

·
Registered
177 Posts
The Huskers looked pretty good to me on Sat., but we'll have our hands full traveling to USC in 2 weeks. I really hated to see Colorado get snuffed out by Montana State:jeez:.. If the Huskers get by USC and Texas it will be a miracle!! One more comment: The only bad thing about the Miami VS Florida State game is that both teams couldn't lose:fish:..

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bowhunter brian said:
The Huskers looked pretty good to me on Sat., but we'll have our hands full traveling to USC in 2 weeks. I really hated to see Colorado get snuffed out by Montana State:jeez:.. If the Huskers get by USC and Texas it will be a miracle!! One more comment: The only bad thing about the Miami VS Florida State game is that both teams couldn't lose:fish:..
huskers are a year or two away from being the team of old......i doubt that they will get by texas or usc this year...but they will give them both decent games.....

florida state has a cake walk the rest of the season....only 2 away games...and one of them is against duke....

·
Registered
10,985 Posts
onebowtie said:
yep....two players hit 3 homers in one game this weekend.....what ever happened to the player who had that long hit streak...chase utley i think was the name....when did it end and how many games????
Yep. Chase Utley. He is a great ballplayer. Alway runs in high-gear. I think the streak ended at 31 . . . I think. He saved the day last night though with an upper-deck walk-off homerun. First time the Phillies have beat the Astros in 3 years. It shouldn't have gone that far but two of our lame batsman couldn't a) bunt b) make contact in the 9th inning.

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
florida state has a cake walk the rest of the season....only 2 away games...and one of them is against duke....
So that is how those BCS conferences do it. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts