Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body use the string, bad arrow flight, too slow, or is it a good thing?

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
I had one and got rid of it. It affected arrow flight some at 20 yards, but the biggest problem was that horrendous ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ sound when the string unwinds.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Do they still make these things? I purchased one back in the mid 80's when I decided that I was going to take up traditional archery. I never shot a deer with this contraption attached to my bow but I did shoot my target several times in preparation for the hunt. My experience was on about 1/3 of the shots I made before the arrow reached the target a large tangle of thread would comme off the spool and cause my arrow to take a drastic nosedive. I purchased a replacement spool of thread, thinking maybe there was a defect with the original spool, but I had the same results with the replacement spool. I tossed the string tracker into the bottom of my bow box and forgot about it. A few weeks ago my kids were going through all my old junk and they found my old string tracker and asked me what it was. Needless to say we all had a big laugh.

3L

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
I have shoot one for years when it is raining. it shoots right on with my set up out to 30 yards and them drops a lot.

It does make a buzzz noise but I have never had a deer effected by it.

Our club has a near perfect recovery rate with the Game Tracker (by Eastman Outdoors) when using the white string, the orange string is useless, dosen't feed well, snages on everything and breaks much more easily.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
missed a four pointer during my first years bowhunting because of it...it isn't bad to say twenty yds, but beyond that, I don't trust it. Heck, I don't trust it period...it knotted on me and took my arrow low what should've been a home run for me at 17. That was 15 yrs ago...nah, I'm not bitter at all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts