Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a couple months I'm gonna get another bow and it will be for treestand hunting only. I have shot the Drenalin, S2, DXT and also the SBXT. I hear alot about the Drenalin and the DXT and some on the S2 which I love but I never hear anything about the forgotten SBXT. I really like the specs on this bow. It's just a little longer than the DXT but with a 7-1/2" brace height which would be nice in colder weather when your wearing more clothes. How do you guys feel it compares in smoothness, quietness and handshock compared to the other newer mathews bows. It seems like the SBXT is now just a has been but I am really looking hard at this bow. I would get it in all black with the 50-60lb draw weight. What do all you mathews guys think about it?

·
Banned
7,286 Posts
S2 is pretty much a newer version of the Switchback XT...similar specs and similar shootability.

I shot the S2 and went with the Drenalin instread...liked the feel a bit more.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I just bought a new one. I shot all the new 2008 models and couldn't find one that I truly wanted... until I shot the sbxt. It was love at first shot :) The bow draws smooth and is very quiet at the shot. Just a fun bow to shoot. It is no speed demon, but I don't care about speed anymore :eek: I plan on keeping this bow for the next 3-5 years.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Xt

In a couple months I'm gonna get another bow and it will be for treestand hunting only. I have shot the Drenalin, S2, DXT and also the SBXT. I hear alot about the Drenalin and the DXT and some on the S2 which I love but I never hear anything about the forgotten SBXT. I really like the specs on this bow. It's just a little longer than the DXT but with a 7-1/2" brace height which would be nice in colder weather when your wearing more clothes. How do you guys feel it compares in smoothness, quietness and handshock compared to the other newer mathews bows. It seems like the SBXT is now just a has been but I am really looking hard at this bow. I would get it in all black with the 50-60lb draw weight. What do all you mathews guys think about it?
I've owned a SBXT for three years and I love it. I wanted a DXT but choose to keep the ol' XT instead. Much more forgiving and easier to hold on target than the DXT. I will be keeping my XT for a long time. Even when I do decide to upgrade, I will keep the XT.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I would take the XT over any of the bows you mentioned. I would take the Swithchback over any other bow that Mathews makes for hunting. In my mind it's their best yet.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I have the SBXT. '06 model. I have shot every new bow that my local shop carries, Bowtech, Bear, PSE, Diamond, Martin, Mathews, Ross, Mission and Browning. I have never even been tempted to buy a new bow. Any of the others may have a certain characteristic that I like a little better but none can overall please me like my good old XT.
All of that said, I still drive my '98 Chevy Z71, so I ain't much for change. :embara:

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,364 Posts
I have the XT and love it, thought I wanted a Drenalin but was just sold on the Switchback XT. Gonna take a big change from Mathews to make me get rid of the XT for something else! :)

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I just sold my DXT and kept my Switchback XT.The SBXT to me is smoother on the draw and holds & balances better in the hand. The DXT just never felt right to me I guess of the shorter ATA and my longer draw length.The DXT is not a bad bow just not the right bow to me.

I think someone posted the S2 was an updated version of the SBXT,which if I remember right the S2 is actually an updated Switchback ,not the SBXT which is shorter ATA.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
with the new drenalin in the spotlight, you should be able to pick up an SBXT for a good price. In my opinion, they are great hunting bows

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have the XT and love it, thought I wanted a Drenalin but was just sold on the Switchback XT. Gonna take a big change from Mathews to make me get rid of the XT for something else! :)
I AGREE, LOVE MY XT, WILL KEEP IT FOR A LONG TIME

·
Archer
8,649 Posts
I bought my XT in 2006 and still have it. I have shot the Drenalin and the DXT and prefer the way my XT holds on the target. For me, I don't want a bow any shorter or lighter than my XT due to accuracy concerns. I agree that Mathews will have to do something a lot better than they have over the last two years to get me to make a switch.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Great bow! I am offered the chance to shoot a new Mathews at pro deal prices each year. Passed on the Drenny in favor of my SBXT. Shot the DXT, and liked it better than the Drenny, but still passed in favor of shooting my SBXT. Just not enough difference to make me switch. Check my sig and see what Mathews I own. The SBXT still gets the heaviest duty schedule, and will for a few more years. Unbelievably smooth draw, shock free, quiet, and plenty fast enough...

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What kind of speeds could I expect from a SBXT at 28.5" draw and 60lbs with a 380-400 grain arrow? Also, Can you put on a rear mount sts on this bow?

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
with the new drenalin in the spotlight, you should be able to pick up an SBXT for a good price. In my opinion, they are great hunting bows
yup! i like the way this guy thinks! i love my SBXT. i see myself shooting it for many years. i bought it dec/06. no new bow for me unless some drastic improvements are made..

·
Registered
960 Posts
When I bought my Drenlin I should of kept my SBXT,I miss it....now Iam torn between the XT or the Truth 2 for a back-up bow......

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
What kind of speeds could I expect from a SBXT at 28.5" draw and 60lbs with a 380-400 grain arrow? Also, Can you put on a rear mount sts on this bow?
Don't know the exact answer but I shoot 28.5" at 66 lbs with a 416gr arrow and get 277-281. As for the STS...why mount a string suppressor on a bow with built-in suppressors that work very well?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts