Votes: 13 6.3%

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • 18 or older

Votes: 71 34.5%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Smilin' Bob
25,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seems there's a trend to make kids older before they can start. What age did you start?

I was 12 before I could legally big game hunt.

· Registered
626 Posts
I started at 12 when I lived in Colorado. What a way to start out hunting mulies and elk. Never connected but was a great time:darkbeer:

· Registered
1,544 Posts

· Registered
232 Posts
I guess that makes me a late starter.I did'nt come from a family that hunted.I got into small game hunting on my own as a teenager.But then when I was about 21 or 22 some buddies from work introduced me to deer hunting.I got lucky I guess,I shot my first deer on myfirst hunt on opening day with a shot gun.Been hooked ever since.Took up bow hunting the follwing year.And now I'd rather bow hunt then anything.

· have bow-will travel
3,997 Posts
I started at 18 no teachers for me, dad gun hunts only, Grandpa was an archer but gone buy then. I started my brothers at 17, and at 15. 15 year old scored on a 100" buck first year.

· Registered
25,350 Posts
well in ny legal bowhunting aged for any big game is 14 yrs and 16 for gun. but i have been smallgame hunting with a bow since i was 12.

· Registered
123 Posts
I started hunting when i was 24 with a rifle and 27 with a bow. This is my third season with a bow. I got my first bow when I was 12 took the hunters safety class that year but never made it into the woods. Family didn't hunt and I didn't have anyone to take me out so it wasn't until twelve years later that my boss talked me into getting a license. so if you know a kid that might be interested take them out. i know i would have appreciated it when I was a kid.

· Registered
2,313 Posts
I was 10 when I killed my 1st hog was the first thing I killed other than dove, shot him with an old bear recurve, I still own and shoot. some things you just shouldnt change.

· Registered
3,486 Posts
my first hunting season was when i was 12, i went with my dad the year before just to watch, i cant wait till next year, my decade hunting season, i am hoping to do something special next year.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.