Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shipped a bow this morning, USPS, and it cost $33 and change from KY to PA! Earlier this year one cost me $27. The last 2 bows I received by mail had the labels still on the boxes and neither were over $20 bucks, one was $16.72 to be exact, and they both came from more distant states. So, how do you guys ship so cheap is my question?

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I shipped a bow UPS yesterday and it cost me $74.08 :pukey::pukey::pukey::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I know that box size does matter. I make sure the box is as small as possible to help on cost...the last 2 that I have shipped have been around $19. I believe over 35 or 36 inches will make it alot higher.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Try shipping directly from a UPS hub otherwise you get gouged by the retailer. The USPS seems to be finding ways to gouge nowadays.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Tear the bow down and it fits in a smaller box...:D
I always end up paying more too. I think it's my local post office...

·
Registered
51,134 Posts
If you read most any item that is shipped it says "shipping" AND "handling"----it's the latter your paying more for. That depends on what they feel handling is worth to them.:D

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would like to know as well, I paid 32 and some change to ship one to the west coast.
I could maybe understand it if it was going to the west coast.

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tear the bow down and it fits in a smaller box...:D
I always end up paying more too. I think it's my local post office...
I'm all for that, it's the buyers that won't be happy.

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you read most any item that is shipped it says "shipping" AND "handling"----it's the latter your paying more for. That depends on what they feel handling is worth to them.:D
I do read, and that may be on MOST items, never shipped or received a bow that had the handling charge written on the label.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
FedEx Ground is the way to go. I've shipped bows from California to New York and it was less than $20. Box size matters so stick with the original bow box if you can, they will always measure L x W x H and base cost on that not so much just the weight.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I shipped one on saterday and it costed me about $20. All I used for packing was old newspaper and bubble wrap. That saved money compared to packing peanuts.

·
Registered
51,134 Posts
I do read, and that may be on MOST items, never shipped or received a bow that had the handling charge written on the label.
The shipping company-------postal, UPS, Fed X don't add these charges it's where your buying it from-------their billing that adds it LOL. If you don't think your not paying handling charges from any company your mistaken----it's there even if it isn't spelled out. That's why there was a difference on actual shipping and why you payed more----not a hard concept. When we send something out to a customer they are clearly told there is a handling charge. That includes packing and boxing it getting it to the shipper----what's fair is up to who ever sold it, it's their time invested away from customers to provide this service and pay for someones wages to do it. Even if they tell you it's free shipping--and you believe that garbage your still paying it's just folded into the cost of the product. There's nothing free in this world lol.;)

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The shipping company-------postal, UPS, Fed X don't add these charges it's where your buying it from-------their billing that adds it LOL. If you don't think your not paying handling charges from any company your mistaken----it's there even if it isn't spelled out. That's why there was a difference on actual shipping and why you payed more----not a hard concept. When we send something out to a customer they are clearly told there is a handling charge. That includes packing and boxing it getting it to the shipper----what's fair is up to who ever sold it, it's their time invested away from customers to provide this service and pay for someones wages to do it. Even if they tell you it's free shipping--and you believe that garbage your still paying it's just folded into the cost of the product. There's nothing free in this world lol.;)
Then why the need to ask me if I read? LOL.

·
Banned
3,502 Posts
I shipped a bow this morning, USPS, and it cost $33 and change from KY to PA! Earlier this year one cost me $27. The last 2 bows I received by mail had the labels still on the boxes and neither were over $20 bucks, one was $16.72 to be exact, and they both came from more distant states. So, how do you guys ship so cheap is my question?

I ship UPS the Brown Truck

Jezz!! What are you doing ?? Putting a $1000.00 worth of insurance ;one it???? $14.00 to $18.00 here.....

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Just looking at the price for bows shipped, and depending on the zone from usps the charge is different. Texas same bow, same weight with insurance, $17.25, same as before but to the east coast, $12.20, I don't charge handleding fees.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts