Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WI DNR proposed a plan the other night to replace Earn-A-Buck and I was just wondering what you guys thought of this....

The WI DNR proposed this idea... Bowhunters would only be able to shoot a buck the first two weeks of bow season and 2 weeks during the rut (dates would be decided later) but gun hunters would be allowed to shoot a buck during the 9 day gun season... Meaning bow hunters wouldnt be able to shoot a buck all of October and half of November... They thought this idea would give everyone a "fair cance" at harvesting a buck while helping keep the deer population low...

Ha is it me or is this proposal crazy?

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
why cant they just be normal, shoot a DEER during DEER season? why does it matter what one you shoot first, what time you shoot them, or this, that and the other.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
"that proposal got denied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

It did. However, the voting was too close for me. Something like 5600 to 1100. That means 1100 votes for. What the f?

·
Registered
98 Posts
they must not understand how hard it is already to get a good archery kill that's just crazy they would even consider doing that!

·
Registered
10,763 Posts
There is a saying that goes like this .A person can be reasonable and inteligent, .But People are always stupid when they get into a large group!!! :confused:

IE for short ..A person is smart ! People are always stupid!!!!!!!:wink:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree that the vote was to close! TO have 1100 people vote for that raises some questions... Im not trying to point fingers but if I were to guess I would guess the people who voted for this were the same gun hunters that get mad when a bow hunter shoots a big buck "before he gets the chance....."

·
Super Moderator
22,689 Posts
why cant they just be normal, shoot a DEER during DEER season? why does it matter what one you shoot first, what time you shoot them, or this, that and the other.....:rolleyes:
Exactly the way I feel Dave.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts