Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kinda new here and have been addicted to the bows for sale forum in classified. I go and check it out at least once a day to see whats on the market. I have noticed that people are very proud of some of the bows they have for sale. It might just be me but how does someone have the marbles to try to ask more for a bow used than what they go for brand new. For examples i look at some of the prices on Z series Mathews bows on there and shake my head. In my home town i got 3 pro shops with in 30 miles and the Z's go from 675 to 699 sticker prices and little bit cheaper if you are a regular. That's with full warranty. What gives with some folks do they actually get that kind of money for used bows? Or the better question is do they have to pay that much more for them brand new?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
are the bows your looking at loaded? I generally find the folks here on AT are very reasonable.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Huh? It happens, but not very often on here. Most of the time there are awesome deals to be had on here.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Go check out Ebay. I was cruising it yesterday and i couldnt find a Mathews Z7 listed on there for less than $700 starting price. Some were listing 2010 Z7 for $750 starting price.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not say there aren't some great deals just some of the time all i can do is shake my head. Go buy a new pick up truck keep it for a week and to sell it. You would be lucky to get 30% less than what you payed.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess my point is at my local pro shop the only bow that stickers more than 750 is the new carbon riser Hoyts.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
I appreciate those that try to sell a used bow for more than people like Scottie sell them for new. I feel the addiction since I spend way too much time on the AT yard sale/classifieds. Good deals are not uncommon on here though.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know I have bought two bows on here in past month. There are some steals if you keep your eyes open

·
74,535 Posts
I'm kinda new here and have been addicted to the bows for sale forum in classified. I go and check it out at least once a day to see whats on the market. I have noticed that people are very proud of some of the bows they have for sale. It might just be me but how does someone have the marbles to try to ask more for a bow used than what they go for brand new. For examples i look at some of the prices on Z series Mathews bows on there and shake my head. In my home town i got 3 pro shops with in 30 miles and the Z's go from 675 to 699 sticker prices and little bit cheaper if you are a regular. That's with full warranty. What gives with some folks do they actually get that kind of money for used bows? Or the better question is do they have to pay that much more for them brand new?
Prime example is bows sale for alot more in other parts of the US.
DB

·
74,535 Posts
Those brand new Mathews Zs will go for at least $899.00 here in SE Pennsylvania. Price them at sub $700 levels and the proshops would not be able to keep them in stock.
Oklahoma and Arkansas have had some of the lowest prices for Mathews around. Guys will drive from Texas and Kansas to my buddys shop. Davenport Archery in Prague, OK Just talk to them the other day and there about out of bows. Trying to get more on order.
DB

·
Registered
438 Posts
yeah, up here in the north east, bows pretty much retail for exactly what the manufacturers have on their websites. z7 up here stickers 900-1000. from the prices your getting new it sounds like if I flew southwest airlines from new england to ark i could actually save money on one :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
899 for custom MR6... And by custom I mean black riser/camo limbs and their "custom strings".... $750 ain't bad..

·
Registered
962 Posts
Down here in Searcy its the same...700 for Z7. Maybe a hair more for a Tactical.. I got a new Bowtech Invasion Black Ops for $800. Of course we are currently dressing it up and I think Im up around 1200

1 - 20 of 32 Posts