Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
addicted to hunting!
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I need a new broadhead target. Who makes the best ones out there (quality and durability)? I practice anywhere from 20 yards out to 50 yards normally so it's got to be big enough for longer distance practice.

Secondly my friend needs a new bag target for field point practice. Again who makes a realy good bag target?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
for broadheads id look at the rhineheart. but the best broadhead target is the blob. for a bag target the morells work good

·
addicted to hunting!
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for broadheads id look at the rhineheart. but the best broadhead target is the blob. for a bag target the morells work good
I checked out the blob target and it seems good. What is arrow removal like on these targets?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I use the Morrell bag target and a King's broadhead target. Fairly happy with both.

·
Registered
582 Posts
For field points the Morrell Outdoor Range. I have had mine for many years and have not shot through it yet after probably tens of thousands of shots. Big and heavy though, I made a wooden frame with wheels to make it easier to move in and out of the shed.

·
may the x-Force be with u
1,177 Posts
Hands down the Blob for broadheads! Very durable and arrow removal is easy. I've tried the block targets, morrell yellow jacket and the Mckenzie shot blocker and they are junk compared to the blob.

·
addicted to hunting!
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i checked out their website and I was struck by something. The photos I saw DID NOT have any small circles (or bullseyes) on the face of the target. So what do you aim at? They had a list of different shapes and sizes. I clicked on every image and could not see any aiming points on the face of the target. Am I wrong?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
with blob targets you have to put a sticker, paper target, etc. on it they're great targets tho

·
NAASP
14,399 Posts
john f,

which are you talking about?

The blobs, you just take a spray can to those anyway you want it.

Blobs are a great BH target.

I've been out of the bag target loop because I buy the covers on here and stuff my own.

·
1,177 Posts
I used a sharpie and drew me some circles on it and they stay on even leaving it outside in the weather.

·
Registered
146 Posts
How heavy are the Blob targets, say the 24" x 24" x 12"? Due to my small backyard, I need to haul to the open woods in a 4-door hatchback (Prius 2004) plus my bow case.

·
1,177 Posts
How heavy are the Blob targets, say the 24" x 24" x 12"? Due to my small backyard, I need to haul to the open woods in a 4-door hatchback (Prius 2004) plus my bow case.
About 70 pounds. I hauled mine behind the house with my lawn mower.

·
Den Bow's Custom Arrows
4,708 Posts
The blob is especially great for broadheads. the are easy to remove. Field points are a little tougher until you get the target shot in.

·
Registered
146 Posts
70 lbs is pretty heavy, but do-able.

The 24" x 24" x 8" should be pretty good and lighter, I imagine, right? I shoot Gold Tip Expedition Hunters (5575) traveling at 240 feet per second. I mostly shoot Field Points, but wish to shoot Broadheads.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I use a Rhino 18-1 for broadheads. For a bag target I bought a target cover and stuffed it myself. I bought a Morrell and didn't get 3 months out of it.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Morrell Yellow Jacket and the Rhinehart 18-1

·
Registered
471 Posts
The blob is great. They will take hundreds of thousands of shots, even when they get shot up they still stop your arrow. Just get your self some woodys arrow lube and an arrow puller and you will be good to go.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
what kind of hunter drives a PRIUS?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts