Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seen a thread a while back where someone posted the question of what are the worst bow strings. most of the replies were Mathews, I shoot a Mathews with factory strings and have been out of the loop for a while. I would like to get some opinions on what are the best strings?

·
Archery Addict
9,251 Posts
The Zebra Strings are the 2nd best strings I've ever used. All the rest tied for first.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I seen a thread a while back where someone posted the question of what are the worst bow strings. most of the replies were Mathews, I shoot a Mathews with factory strings and have been out of the loop for a while. I would like to get some opinions on what are the best strings?
Today, I ordered a new set of Gas bowstring and cable for my Hoyt Powermax. I hope Gas makes the best strings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have used a bunch of different strings and I really like the Pure PerfeXtion strings. Here is the number 513-625-0148.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
VXR 31.5 TRX 40 Hamskea Axcel Bee stinger Doinker
2,927 Posts
Best I’ve used are rogue strings. Tried gas and rogue are better.

·
The Impartial Archer
18,808 Posts
Hidden away with the prettiest girl, the best beer and the best bow.

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
15,676 Posts
I make the best strings.

If I didn't, I would use Catfish Customs, Stage 1, or Center Circle. Not sure if Center Circle is still in business.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have been using Gas Ghost XV on my supra focus and perform x for the last 6 months and I love them as soon as I got my timing right and my peep set the haven't move since and tune is still perfect. Ive use winners choice and pse live wire but didn't much care for them the winners choice seemed to constantly change and had peep turning i could fix and the live wire just wore too fast

·
Full Time Novice
7,410 Posts
Twisted x makes some great strings

Catfish Customs.....very well spoken of by AT buyers.
Best I’ve used are rogue strings. Tried gas and rogue are better.
I’m a fan of R19 and R21 currently on my VXR 28, 31.5, Black 5, Black 1, and Evo.

Gas wasn’t impressed not the few sets I got but I won’t bash.

Shane makes really good stuff and so does catfish.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I currently have rogue on my rize and have really liked their performance. No shoot in time.
I’ve used first string vapor trail and winners choice. So far rogue is been the best in my opinion

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
You will never be able to top the strings of JBKstrings

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
There is no “best”. There’s exceptional (Twisted X, Catfish, Breathn, among others), there’s ok (60X, VT), and there’s crap (Zebra, Bear Contraband, and most other stock strings).

·
Registered
108 Posts
Currently waiting on my third set of Catfish Customs, extremely well made and at a great price

·
Registered
761 Posts
Don't know about best buy have had several sets by JBK and had no complaints so haven't tried another builder. Great quality and 2 yr warranty to boot.

·
Registered
8,617 Posts
I can't really tell the difference in materials performance wise [although my Bloodline material is slicker than holy rabies], and I wouldn't notice a high quality build from a run-of-the-mill variety, so my "best string" criteria depends on the manufacturer- Perhaps it's how they present themselves on AT, perhaps it's something out of the way good they've done for myself or the archery community, perhaps it's communications, perhaps it's just another kindered spirit within my unique challenges of archery... For that Mike at Catfish and Kyle at Tamarac River are my goto string builders. Sure others out there who would meet my unique criteria, but these have proven themselves and that's where I spend my money. I'll leave out my "no goes" as not to offend others, but there is a list to that includes criteria like discrimation against VIs in their business practices, how they've serviced other members on here, among others.

This started with "what defines 'best' as this is one of those questions that's really nothing but opinions for the most part, but morphed into my qualifications/definition for "best." For me, it's not the material or the process, but the character of the builder.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts