Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Archery Peeps,

I am looking to get a good hunting sight but there are so many brands out there that it's tough to decide!

Which brands does everyone use? And why?

Thanks in advance! Need everyone's expert opnions!

Sightless in Seattle (near Philly, actually!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,528 Posts
Trophy Ridge Matrix Guide Series is number 1 in my book...It's rock solid and easy to adjust without any wrenches...Plus the field of view that vertical pins allows has proven to be a big plus in the field...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
I would never consider myself an expert, but I am using an Impact Cosmic single pin sight. It is easy to adjust, though not as easy as the trophy ridge v drive, but it is by far the brightest pin I have seen, especially in low light. If it is not bright enough in low light they have a light to put on it also. It is a good sight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
I use the H H A OL-5519 with the rehostsat dial. it has 5ft of .019 fiber in it. I can adjust the brightness if the pin. It is easy to adjust for up and down and left and right. I think it is great, I love it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,556 Posts
Spot Hogg

Spot Hogg.

The Hunter Hogg-it is my choice.

Solid construction, built to last. And I find it to be easy to adjust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,782 Posts
sights

trophy ridge and spot-hog are my favorites
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
Another vote for Spot Hogg. I use the Hogg it Hunter. The sights features and construction are enough for me and when you add in their warranty and customer service, I wouldn't consider anything else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,062 Posts
I have the hogg it and I can tell you that it is set-it-and-forget-it. Awesome construction and great warranty!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Cobra Sidewinder LX. Has the brightest pins I've seen, Lots of micro adjust, and is rock solid. Trophy Ridge makes a good sight, but call me old school that vertical in-line pin setup where you can't see in between your pins drives me crazy.
 

·
Don't Blink!
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
4 - blade fixed said:
I use the H H A OL-5519 with the rehostsat dial. it has 5ft of .019 fiber in it. I can adjust the brightness if the pin. It is easy to adjust for up and down and left and right. I think it is great, I love it.
Another vote for the HHA 5519...bright pin w/adjustable rheostat, rock solid, LIFETIME warranty, excellent customer service. You won't be disappointed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,002 Posts
Spot-Hogg . . . none better. The standard by which others are judged.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
smashing_01 said:
I would never consider myself an expert, but I am using an Impact Cosmic single pin sight. It is easy to adjust, though not as easy as the trophy ridge v drive, but it is by far the brightest pin I have seen, especially in low light. If it is not bright enough in low light they have a light to put on it also. It is a good sight.
I am also a fan of this sight. Visibility is a #1 priority, and simplicity at the moment of truth is #2. Hard to pick the wrong pin with this one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
459 Posts
Another vote for Sword! I just put a twighlight hunter on my bow, and this site rocks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,024 Posts
Your gonna get plenty of views on this one. I am a single movable pin guy and I have never found anything better then the HHA optimizer series of sights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
deerhunter3241 said:
Trophy Ridge Matrix Guide Series is number 1 in my book...It's rock solid and easy to adjust without any wrenches...Plus the field of view that vertical pins allows has proven to be a big plus in the field...
I second that!! Great sight!
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top