Archery Talk Forum banner

What are the odds?

757 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  shadowdrak
Took my girlfriend out shooting this morning and something I thought I never see happened. I just got her started shooting awhile ago and started her off at 10 yards to shoot and get the hang of it. We would alternate our shooting turns and then I started to get bored and said I would shoot along side of her. It was about on the third shooting session doing this that we both released at the same time at the same target. We both heard a "*****-type" sound at the target and my arrow went near the bulls eye and hers completely missed the target and went into the side of the grass. She went to collect the arrows and then she came walking up to me and holding her arrow up to me that missed and at first I was wondering what she was doing and then I looked at the tip and realized that it was gone! It seems that my GT XT 5575 sliced off about an inch at the tip of her aluminum Easton 2016 Lite arrow. I've never heard of this happening and was wondering if anybody else has ever seen this? Oh, we were only shooting field points.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
767 Posts
I've never read of a case where one arrow hit another arrow in mid-flight. I've read of one case where a woman's arrow robin hooded another woman's arrow in a competition. When they went to collect their arrows, they realized one arrow was missing....so they went looking for it....after a few minutes they have to give up. When one woman started to pull out her arrows...she realized her competitor's arrow was completely inside one of her arrows.

· Registered
685 Posts
My son and I were at a 3D shoot. The target was a "running" deer (on a cable and sliding downhill).
We both shot at the same time and the arrows collided before reaching the tairget. A zero for both of us!

· Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess there is a first time for everything. She was so excited that she showed her family and everybody was like "no way". I guess a lot of people don't shoot side by side or maybe stories like this could be more common :tongue:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.