Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that different people have different shooting styles as well as needs,but having not followed womens archery much i'm at a loss.I bought my gf a gt500 but it wasn't the right bow for her..if you were to name the top three with out worrries of cost what would it be?

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Hoyt Vixen is one.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
There are a lot of woman bowhunters here on AT that seem to love theirs.

:izza:

Is the passion all its made up too be or is it just mathews advertising?

·
Registered
24,957 Posts
think any bow that fits will work. heard the passion is good, vixen good, martin has there cheeta that would work great.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Top 3 worries

#1 - It has to be PINK :p

#2 - smooth cams, my wife is not testosterone driven and has no cares about speed. :D

#3 - It has to be PINK ! :p

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
What are her specs? Women can be limited by short draw length etc. so knowing these specs will help narrow choices.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Bowtech equalizer is what I bought for my wife who just started. it's got 30-40lb limbs and wil shoot her gold tip ultralight entrada 600s 230fps at 30#.

Super quiet bow and can get it for way less money than a vixcen or passion. I looked at a selena too, but she liked the equalizer better.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
My wife loved her Black Reezen 6.5. put pink strings on it ETC... and there you go!

heres the problem. My wife especially didnt want a "cheap" kids grow with you bow. what I learned throughout my qwest for her was every company has a shortdraw bow. however it is normally their flagship bow. IE reezen, admiral, gt-500 etc. my wifes draw length killed her 24" is really short.

my advice get her a good bow, expect to pay for it, and make her happy!!!

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
By the way, my wife shoots a Hoyt Seven37.

:izza:

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Is the passion all its made up too be or is it just mathews advertising?
Several ladies in this area have bought them and they seem to be a VERY impressive machines!

If I had a lady shooter, or anyone from Indiana, I would suggest this bow! :shade:

·
Registered
24,957 Posts
shes a 28.5 draw length and pulls 40 lbs
pics any bow on the market that fits her. she doesnt need a womens bow cause she has a longer DL.

have her shoot everything there and find what she likes the best.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
windsor ny i grew up in Delhi used to play you guys in football..small world..thanks for the advice,but shes stuck on a girly bow..lol..i dunno..

·
Registered
24,957 Posts
windsor ny i grew up in Delhi used to play you guys in football..small world..thanks for the advice,but shes stuck on a girly bow..lol..i dunno..
most brands offer a pink bow and black bows that can be prettied up. reason passions popular is because it of course looks like a girls bow but also is built with a 330 ibo (320 at 29" i think thats how they state it)

its up to her. she can use any bow on the market.

ya small world haha. funny how many guys on here use to or do live close to ya.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts