Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I got permission to hunt a old over grown farmstead, it has timber near by and their is always deer filtering into the farmstead, I think I might have found out why, are these persimmon or what? I thought they were but when attached to the tree there is not a blossom by the branch, like I seen from pics of persimmon, instead they are suspended. They smell like S**T, literally, my wife made me take a shower when I got home. can't tell if deer are going over to the tree due to the grass, makes it hard to tel. Anyway sorry about the long post, but what are these??

florida#2 006.jpg

florida#2 007.jpg

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
looks like Osage orange.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts

100% Ginko Biloba. Those smell like dog poo for sure. Had Botany in College and our professor opened one up. Unmistakable.

·
Registered
718 Posts
They have been cultured around Chinese temples for centuries and they can the berries. :pukey:

The tree can only be started by rooting a cutting, so who ever propagated it should have known they were cloning a female tree. They have some of these on the campus where I work. The trees will shed almost ALL of their leaves in one day.

·
Registered
780 Posts
yeah when that tree starts losing its leaves, it'll be soooo wierd....you can literally watch the tree go from full to bare !!!!

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Sounds like a good gag gift. You could have some fun with these.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts