Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious how tight of groups you all are shooting. I just got my new Spott Hogg Sight and after an hour or so of tuning My groups are:

10 yards: less than 1/2 inch groups
20 yards: 1.25 inch groups or tighter
30 yards 2.25 inch groups or tighter
40 yards: 3 inch groups or tighter

I'm getting my numbers by measuring from the center of the 2 furthest spaced out arrows.

So I'm curious what are you guys groups like? I know mine are good enough for hunting which is pretty much all I do with my bow, and I know they are no pro quality groups, but I'm curious...

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
taboo?

Those are good groups! Dependant on the day mine are similar and others :thumbs_do
I often wonder how others shoot during practice,a guage of my level of shooting.Most wont admit if they shoot poorly at times or if their groups arent that tight.
Do you experience off days also? There are days I aim better at spots and others better at foam just picking a spot!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I think most shooters have good and bad days, I know I do. :sad:

My groups average less than 3/4" @ 20 and around 1.5 - 2" @ 40.

Darrel

·
Registered
780 Posts
well, when i'm really on i shoot 40 yd. groups at 1 1/2in to 2in. and on a bad day they're 4in. or a little more. i just wish i had more good days.

·
Registered
676 Posts
i dont shoot too many groups at 20 and 30. i shoot different spots or different bulls. dependant on how i'm shooting these are my groupings on a typical day of shooting
at 40 - 1-2" 6 arrow group
at 50 - 3-4.5" 6 arrow group
at 60 - 4-7" 6 arrow group
i do have the odd flyer (usually stays within a couple inches out to 60). i know when i goof a shot but i try to work on not having them.

on a bad day i stop shooting and work on my form

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
I shot some 4" groups at 30 yards today...

... then I put got my tree stand out, and climbed up to abou 25 feet high, and shot the same target from the same distance, and shot almost exactly the same groupings, so while I'm no ace archer(yet), I think I'm about ready to go hunting next month. I have one more 3-D shoot tomorrow before the season starts.

·
Registered
9,477 Posts
Just wondering if everyone is posting there best groups in a session of shooting or their average size groups? because anyone that can average 1/2" groups (penny size) would be a 300 60x (inside x) shooter. Who should be shooting in competiton.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah My numbers are average. Can be better or worse. And I excluded the flyers... the ones where you let it go and you just know without looking that it is a bad shot.

·
Registered
189 Posts
oops! sorry i meant to type 1 1/2'' didnt realize it until i read parkers post. My bad.. and yeah it is average

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I'm not constant yet (finger's shooter). Trying hard to improve.

In a good moment, RH, teared vanes, shaft hitting shaft, etc at 18m (20yds).

15 min later 2" groups... :(

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I shoot sub 1/8 inch groups out to 30 yards.
Of course my groups consist of one arrow at each spot.
Ever since I put my arrow wraps on the arrows are just too darn pretty to take the chance should I get lucky enough to hit two together. :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.