Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me why you love your Switchback XT or why you might want to leave it in the case at times. Im thinking on adding a Compound back in the arsenal and I like the specs of this bow and I really liked my Outback a few years back so Im thinking this is a newer quieter lower vibed version of it. Please tell me if Im wrong and if Im right please reassure me as well :) PS Tell me about the back wall too.
DannyG

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
There really isn't anything I don't like about mine. It is perfect for what it is designed for........it is definitely a top pick for a hunting bow IMHO.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just traded my Hoyt Razortec for one this morning and I love it!!
It's not that my Hoyt wasn't a good bow, but it just doesn't compare.
I have shot alot of bows the last couple of years and it is definetly
the smoothest, most quiet I have every shot. BAR NONE!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I replaced a Hoyt Vipertec with a XT about a month ago.
I love the smooth draw cycle and how quiet it is.
My dislikes are the grip, in my hand it causes me to torque the bow really bad. I have just ordered a new custom grip from Mike at Gripwerks....hope that takes care if that. I am not crazy about the speed I am getting out of it. 28" draw, 64.4 pounds, 422 gr axis, 248 FPS. The other night I shot a Tribute, same draw length, pulling the same poundage, my arrow, it chrono'd 272 FPS. It had the speed mod's in. The draw cycle wasn't as nice, but it wasn't bad either. The back-wall on the XT feels good, until you compare it to a Bowtech.
Overall I like the bow, once I get this grip/torque issue worked out I will be much happier. If I had to guess I would say I will be shooting Bowtech next year. To close to hunting season to change again!
Hope I helped, this is my honest opinion.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bet it would be slow with a heavy carbon or AL arrow then :( Im no speed freak but its nice to have :)
dannyg

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
the only thing i don't like about it is the fact that i have never shot a lefty version of it , so you guessed it, cable guard slap.

I don't normally like short ATA bows but this is one of the very few i actually liked.

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
I love my bow, after getting it back in January I've probably got well over 3,000 shot's threw it, and was very happy the stock strings made it as long as they did. The bow is IMHO not as forgiving for me as maybe for some other's, it's mostly me, punching the trigger or twitching, etc... but for smoothness, and no hand shock, hands down great bow. In fact after getting my XT I sold all my Hoyt's, just didn't like how they felt, once you shoot a bow with no hand shock it's hard too shoot a bow that does.

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
Took mine hunting Saturday. Man, that thing is nice in a tree. It looks like a toy laying across your lap, but it shoots like any of the best bows I have ever owned. :thumb:

It's a keeper, I'm very satisfied with mine.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
sagecreek said:
Took mine hunting Saturday. Man, that thing is nice in a tree. It looks like a toy laying across your lap, but it shoots like any of the best bows I have ever owned. :thumb:

It's a keeper, I'm very satisfied with mine.

OK, you left out the best part!!! Are you eating fresh back strap???:tongue: :)

·
Registered
28,188 Posts
The only flaw I have found is the speed but it's the best hunting bow I have ever shot. It's the most accurate short bow I have ever owned. I shot it with my 3d arrows yesterday afternoon. At 55yds it put 4 arrows in a 4" circle, the 5th arrow was a couple of inches higher. I've had longer bows that wouldn't do that.

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
stehawk said:
:embara:

Didn't see any fresh backstraps. :mad:

Darn white oak acorns everywhere.

BTW, my speed is great on my XT!

Thank God for 30" draws. :wink:

·
Registered
28,188 Posts
sagecreek said:
:embara:

Didn't see any fresh backstraps. :mad:

Darn white oak acorns everywhere.

BTW, my speed is great on my XT!

Thank God for 30" draws. :wink:
Yeah I wished I looked like a gorilla, I mean have long arms :)
Like they say a slow hit is better than a fast miss. But then I had a miss saturday :cry:

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
stehawk said:
Full Moon around here, I'll wait till it's gone:rolleyes: then I'm hitting the tree's:wink:

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
It's a good bow, but I will never buy a Mathews again. I have owned several and I will not buy one or any other draw specific bow again. Quite simply, there are a lot of good shooting bows which don't share that trait.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Like they say a slow hit is better than a fast miss. But then I had a miss saturday
A miss is better than a wounded animal. At least now it's just your pride.

I have owned several and I will not buy one or any other draw specific bow again.
I own a drawlength specific bow and I couldn't agree with you more. The next bow I buy will at least be adjustable with modules.

I love the draw cycle on the Mathews and I hope they come out with a module system.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
EricO said:
A miss is better than a wounded animal. At least now it's just your pride.

I own a drawlength specific bow and I couldn't agree with you more. The next bow I buy will at least be adjustable with modules.

I love the draw cycle on the Mathews and I hope they come out with a module system.

Do you guys change your draw length often? Just curious.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts