Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the guy at the pro shop said the Z7 shoots many arrow well. i finally went and test fired a Z7, and it fits me well. just trying to budget for the new purchase, and i need to factor in new arrows. the shop wants me to bring some of my old gold tip XT hunters, 5575 to test fire them. he thinks, all things being equal, my arrows will work. if not, we will cross that bridge later.

it gets me thinking. same DL, same arrow length, same broadhead weight, and same draw weight, the arrow charts should indicate the same arrow right?

on a side note, that carbon fiber hoyt shoots great too! big bucks.

·
Registered
14,313 Posts
Ones that fly....

sorry i just had to after reading the title. I don't have a z7 i personally am not a huge fan but it is one of the smoothest shooting mathews to date. I shoot ACC's, lightspeeds, or axis out of my hunting bows. I have shot a few goldtips and carbon express maxima hunters both of which shot extremely well. Just make sure you get proper spined arrow for your setup.

·
Registered
265 Posts
GT XT hunters 5575... the .400 spine is a little on the weak side for the z7 but cut down with 85gr points they work pretty good. Not going to be much of a hunting arrow though.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Victory VForce HV V3

My groups have really tightened up since I switched to the Victory HV in .300 spine. I have had them for over a month now and really like the way they shoot out of my bow. I have my Z7 maxed out, so it should be at around 72# (haven't had a chance to actually check the draw weight). I have shot 4 rounds of 3D and several 100 shots in the backyard. No durability issues so far either (despite horor stories that I have read on AT).

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Mines at 28" 62 ish lbs and I'm shooting Aramid Kv 250's outta her they fly extremely good and I haven't found any problems yet.

-Chuck

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
My Z seems to like a stiff arrow. The arrows that OT2 indicates are of the correct spine do not shoot very well. I had to cut those arrows down some to stiffen them up so they would shoot properly.

·
Registered
66 Posts
try the easton flatline 340's...they gave me 11 fps over the gold tip 5575.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I use the CX Maxima 350. I've also shot GT XT Hunters through it too, but didn't like the spine the XT Hunter's had so I switched to the Maxima and never looked back.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Goldtips

First off I shoot 28"/70Lbs and my arrows are cut to 28". I shoot the Goldtips and have shot both the 75/95 and the 55/75's. For me the 55/75's with a 100 grain point flew the best. I am using the Blazer 2" vanes and using the Blazer fletching jig for more helical.

They paper tuned better and group outstanding.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I like the A/C/C pro hunters

·
Registered
634 Posts
69#, 30" dl; Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350 31", 406g total .

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I'm shooting the Flatline Surgical 400 from my Z7 set at 28"/63#.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts