Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked at the Epic, Axxis, beeman bone collector, easton flatline, gold tip velocity, and victory Vap armour piercing. Does anyone have any input?

32,934 Posts
The Easton Fatboys I just bought are 400s and from what I hear they are fine arrows.....I shoot a 58lb PURE and the arrows weigh 303grs and I'm gonna chrono them as soon as I get the vanes on.

· Registered
4,710 Posts
for hunting its hard to beat the gold tips . iv been using carbontech whitetails for years and love them so in not changing a good thing . love the carbontech cheetahs for 3-d ... but with that said i have 4 brothers that hunt only n they all use gts

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Leaning towards flatline or velocity. Watched my friend shoot his maxxis 31 through a chrono 28 inch draw, 66 #, 27 inch arrow 400 spine---Axxis 268 fps, epic 280 fps----flatline 288 fps---flatline had this gain while only loosing 1 Ibs of kenetic energy. I hear flatline and velocity are basically the same arrow. I also like the idea of the victory VAP, but wasn't able to see one chrono'd or shot. Hear the have alot of penetration. Seeing was believing; I was concerned on losing energy or penetration, But the math only shows 1 Ibs loss KE. Anymore ideas. Or something I've missed?

· Registered
30,539 Posts
I've been shooting Beman MFX Team Realtree or Black Max 400 shafts for the past several years with excellent performance and results. Having shot trad for many years, I own both a spine tester and grain scale, which has proven the MFX shafts to be straight, consistent and accurate. The Bone Collector line supplanted my two favorites and are lighter in mass weight, thus I have no experience with them.

· GUT DEER ????
4,600 Posts
depends what you want to do, flatlines indoors and 3d, bone collector,for hunting. ive shot both but the duribility of the bone collectors is great only time ive broken one was when i robinhooded it practicing!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.