Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok lets here what arrows you use for what activity be it target, 3d, field or hunt. Which has worked best and which you did not like and why. Do any of you gals make up your arrows or do you buy them all put toghter? Do not forget to tell what they are made of wood, carbon or aluminum.

·
Registered
488 Posts
i shoot super carbon supremes,45-60..and an APA ultimate rest.my husband makes my arrows for me,and i occasionally fletch my own.my sight is a mini eclipse 5 pin..i use this set up for everything.but my main interest is hunting:)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've always had good luck with Hyperspeed ACC 2L-18 for 3-D, target, etc. I've been experimenting with some ACE's this year, and they're great too. I ALWAYS make / fletch my own arrows...that way I know it's done right! :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I use CXL's with 100 grain tips for 3D and Target. I will put broadheads on these for hunting. Great Arrows! :) :)
I am trying to convice my husband to fletch our own arrows, can't rely on shop quality.:(

·
Registered
687 Posts
When I shoot competion 3D I shoot 53lbs - 55lbs ( Im not a bbbbbiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggg girl but I have more curves than straight lines and somtimes I cast more shadow than some of the other girls )and I use CXL 150 selects ( CARBONS )with 75 grain aluminum target glue in points, with CXL nocks, and 2 3/8 inch Dura Vanes with as much helical as I can get on them, using a Golden Key Futura Golden Premier Rest which I have been using exclusively for over 4 years because it works so well for me, a fine piece of quality workmanship.
I have shied away from the thought of using these paticular arrows for hunting, the reason being that they are so lite and part of the reason that they are so lite is due to the thin wall of the shaft( exactly what I am looking for in a target arrow , they are fat, to catch the lines and yet lite to speed up the arrow thus helping to correct any small discrepencies in my yardage estimations and providing a flatter arrow trajectory) because of the thin wall for me they dont stand up to much abuse, to many slaps by a closely placed arrow is sometimes all it takes to crack the shaft. so I do alot of arrow inspections, but the opposite of what I am looking for in a hunting arrow.
For hunting I will shoot from 57lbs -60lbs in the early season and once the cold sets in I will drop back down to 55lbs.I have been using Gold Tip Graphite XT 3555 ( CARBON ), with Lock nocks, 4 inch Arizona Vanes ( FLO PINK OF COURSE )and Muzzy 100 grain 4 Blade Broadheads, I have also had good results with the 3 Blade Muzzy 100 Grain heads. I have found the 4 blades fly extremly close to how my field points fly thus requiring less retuning for hunting season. I also use the Golden Pemier Rest for hunting also with the virgin white teflon slick tubes added to the rest Prongs. I have been impressed with the performance of the gold tips as a hunting arrow and have had many a complete pass through on a whitetail deer and been able to reuse the undamaged arrow, they do a good job for me.:D
I do all the arrow calculations my self and do all my own arrows from scratch ( DITTO THE COMMENT THAT I KNOW THERE DONE RIGHT THAT WAY ----- OR WHOM TO BLAME WHEN ITS NOT RIGHT ,,,,,,,,,,, MY POOR HUSBAND JUST CANT WIN FOR LOSING??????) I also have the bow press and bow shop at home so I have learned to do most of the work myself on my bow also. NOW IF I CAN JUST FIGURE OUT HOW TO KEEP MY HEAD ABOVE MY BUTT AT THE BIG SHOOTS I MIGHT BE OKAY.

Deborah KF :eek: :p :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, some gals have all the luck. I have to travel at least one hour to get to a shop. I have been using alum for years and looking to get carbons to increse speed. I am hopeing to buy some soon but I am in no rush for I am just shooting in my yard. Since I work all week so I have Saturday to get out. Around here all the shops are closed on Sunday. :( That makes no sense to me my shop down in FL was open on Sundays becasue they did alot of busines then.

·
Registered
41 Posts
arrows

I shoot CXL 150 selects. 50gr tips. 2" Flex fletch vanes. For hunting I shoot CX 100's 100 grain Nugent blades (love that cut on impact) and 4.18 Flexfletch vanes

These work for me , and my husband makes the best arrrows!!!!!!!!! and does all our bow work... He just wishes he could shoot as good as me .. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts