Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 60" Hoyt Buffalo with 45# draw. I have about a 28.5" draw, what would be a good arrow to shoot (spine)? Hang in there with my question, I am new to recurves. By the way, I could care less about shooting my compound now. Thank you in any help you can give me.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I did the same thing I sold my wheeled bows to buy a buffalo. I would shoot 3555 gold tips at full lenth with 100gn tips thats about 425gn it should be a good starting point anyway. U have started it know though I have been shooting trad for about 5 months and I have 6 recurves and 1 long bow. Mike

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the help. What I find is funny is the Sticks and String shooters calling compound bows "Bows with training wheels".

·
Registered
10,459 Posts
I shoot Beman Ics Bowhunter 500's 30" long with standard inserts (21gr) 3) 4" Feathers and 125gr field points (385gr total) from my 40#@28" Buffalo at my draw length of 28". They are flying excellent off a 12 strand D97 string - 3 under. I need to shoot it across my chrony to verify, but I'm guessing about 170fps range.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hey Socal I was thinking the same thing about the MFX's when I first got my buff I got the 500's and I think there a little weak with 505gns at 30"s what leigth do u cut yours and what grain are they I have seens started to go down in weight to get a better flight and better cast . Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.