Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· SHOOT EM STRAIGHT
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a smaller diameter arrow to shoot for 3-D this year, but having trouble finding one that will shoot out of my set-up. Any suggestions?
Bowtech 82nd Airborne
28" draw, 62lbs

I'm looking for an arrow the will weigh out to 310 grains, but will spine out correctly. Currently, I have some acc3-28 cut to 27 3/4" with 70 grain points with micro blazer fletchings, and I can't get them to group past 40 yards

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

· Registered
552 Posts
At further distances you will need to go with a heavier point. FITA shooters don't use 80 grain nibbs for a reason. I have always been taught not to drop below 80 grains up front for up to about 60 yds. Here are a couple of choices that will get you right around 300-310 grains, you can work the math out. I am a 28" draw as well and have tried these arrows, I prefer the X weaves but the others are nice as well.

Radial X Weave Pro 200's with 80 grain nibbs, hyperspeed uni bushings, g-nocks and mini blazers

Easton Lightspeed 400's

Easton FatBoy 400's microlite nocks, uni bushings, 80 grain nibbs - Larger diameter but a nice arrow

All 3 of these will get you to around the weight you requested and are all very good 3D and hunting arrows. Mine are cut to 27 3/8 from throat of nock to end of shaft and my 200's were 308 I believe. You can do some rough estimations to get your shaft length and weight.

· Registered
4,074 Posts
I'm looking for a smaller diameter arrow to shoot for 3-D this year, but having trouble finding one that will shoot out of my set-up. Any suggestions?
Bowtech 82nd Airborne
28" draw, 62lbs

I'm looking for an arrow the will weigh out to 310 grains, but will spine out correctly. Currently, I have some acc3-28 cut to 27 3/4" with 70 grain points with micro blazer fletchings, and I can't get them to group past 40 yards

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
These are in the .28 range....larger than your 3-28 (which is WAY WAY weak). Navigator and ACE have models but are pricey....

Here is the Victory V-Force HV 350.

Attachments

· Registered
12,196 Posts
What's the actual arrow length you need? For example, I have a 29.5" draw, but shoot 28.5" arrows on my U/E.

By the way, I really like the Flatlines/Lightspeeds. I'm getting exactly IBO with mine (360 grain).

· SHOOT EM STRAIGHT
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
arrow length

What's the actual arrow length you need? For example, I have a 29.5" draw, but shoot 28.5" arrows on my U/E.

By the way, I really like the Flatlines/Lightspeeds. I'm getting exactly IBO with mine (360 grain).
I have a 28" draw, so probably around a 27" arrow

· Registered
1,100 Posts
Why a skinny arrow? If you are shooting 3d have you looked at the Carbon Express CXL and the Easton Fatboy? The CXL is the winningest arrow in 3d for a reason and with the adjustable weight point system you can easily tailor these arrows to your desired spine. I would look in to them if i were you.

· SHOOT EM STRAIGHT
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
small diameter arrow

Why a skinny arrow? If you are shooting 3d have you looked at the Carbon Express CXL and the Easton Fatboy? The CXL is the winningest arrow in 3d for a reason and with the adjustable weight point system you can easily tailor these arrows to your desired spine. I would look in to them if i were you.
I have some fatboys now, but I'm looking for smaller arrows to cut the effects of any crosswinds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.