Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
My husband just ordered me my first bow--Hoyt Trykon Sport! I am so excited but have become a little discouraged. I wanted to get the Easton Full Metal Jacket arrows but they were too heavy for my weight. Then I wanted the Easton ACC's but they were going to be too narrow for a broadhead. So the man suggested Easton ST Axis Junior, ST Epic Junior or Easton Lightspeed 500's. So I decided on the Lightspeeds and was shot down once again! He said that these wouldn't work because of my draw length. He says that the Axis Junior's would be the best but would like some input! Any would be great!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Gold Tip Ultralight 500's or 600's have the .246 inside diameter and will work just great with a very strong straight arrow to boot. :D Check out their web sight and download their arrow selection chart. What DL and DW do you have?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I use to shoot Gold Tip Ultralight Pro 600. They are a very good arrow But now I shoot Victory Arrows VForce HV 400. What is your draw length and how much pounds do you pull? I hope this gives you an idea.:)

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
What's your DW and DL? When I first got my Trykon Sport, 23.5" DL at 30lbs DW, I used the Easton A/C/C 2L-04's. They were the only ones that would spine out right... they are super skinny though and won't work w/a broadhead. Later on as my DW went up I switched to Eclipses for indoor shooting. For hunting, I use Carbon Tech Cheetahs with very lightweight broadheads. Hope that helps! If possible go to your local pro shop or call the company you got your bow from, and see what THEY recommend for your setup...they will know best :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all so much for the input. My bow is a 30-40 lb bow and my DL is 26". My husband called the shop to talk to the guys about some arrows and ended up ordering the Gold Tip Entradas. Hope they work out good for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry...I was corrected by the hubby. They are Gold Tip Expedition Hunters. When I talked to the guy yesterday he talked to me about the Entradas but that is not what my husband had in mind!

·
Registered
394 Posts
You are exactly the same specs as my wife and the GT ultralight 600 are a perfect spine for you at that draw length and draw weight. These arrows are 5.7 gpi and that is a good set-up for what you have. Gold Tips chart has you listed as category #1, which falls into a 600 spine arrow.

Attached is a great link for these arrows. Check out bottom of page and you will find GT UL arrows for $63 per dozen.
http://www.huntersfriend.com/2007-Carbon-Arrows/carbon-arrows-main-list.htm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts