Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems these things go in cycles. Use to be at my club Mathews ruled the roost followed by Hoyt and then a few others mixed in. Other night at league I noticed one Mathews out of 36 or so shooters. Hoyt seemed to be #1 with a lot of PSE in the mix. Out of the six three hundreds shot we had two Hoyt two Elite one PSE and one Prime. Kinda nice having a lot of brands in the mix.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
1) mathews
2) elite
3) bowtech
4) obsession ... And growing fast!
Once in awhile I guy will come in with a Hoyt or pse

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
around here it is...

1) Bear
2) Mathews
3) PSE
4) High Country

hardly see any Hoyts and no one around here has heard of Elite, Prime, Obsession, Bowtech, Athens, etc.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
around here it is...

1) Bear
2) Mathews
3) PSE
4) High Country

hardly see any Hoyts and no one around here has heard of Elite, Prime, Obsession, Bowtech, Athens, etc.
Surprised Bear is #1

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Hoyt by a large margin. A few years ago it was Martin and before that it was Golden Eagle and before that it was Jennings and Bear. Seems to change with what the top shooters are shooting.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Surprised Bear is #1
probably for 2 reasons. this is Bear country since they are made right here in Florida. also Pro Shops aren't a dime a dozen around here so most people buy their bows at big box stores and the big box stores carry more Bear bows than anything, atleast around here they do.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
I would say a even mixture of Mathews ,hoyt ,bowtech, elite, PSE,10 years ago Martin and Mathews dominated the 3D courses.Time changes so does what the people shoot a lot of what is being shot is what your local pro shop carries.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I think if obsession keeps going at the rate they are, we will see a new player

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Mathews
Hoyt
PSE
Elite

·
Registered
944 Posts
Its actually a pretty mixed bag at our club. Hoyt and PSE aren't very common but bowtech/diamond, mathews, and elite are split pretty evenly. its nice to have the diversity, not to much fanboy chest bumping.

·
Threat Level Midnight
847 Posts
Hoyt
PSE
Bowtech

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
It depends on your local dealers for sure.

One club I shoot at is 70% hoyt then matthews and a couple others
My Main Club is 70% Bowtech then Matthews and a couple Hoyts
The other club I shoot at is 90% Martin and a few Hoyts

State Shoots are Hoyt and PSE heavy. Matthews and Elite are the other honorable mentions.

Now if we go through podiums at each place Hoyt is at the top even though there are only a couple that are around.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
mission bows have a big following around here.
main line pse and entry level hoyts are big also.
last year elite was big, don't see any this year.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts