Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Obsession evolution/PSE EVL 70#, BG slider 5 pin
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a really good quality case. I have looked at the Pelican 1745 Air bow case, however it is quite expensive. Does any one have any experience with the Rugid gear case. link below. Any suggestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Are you looking for a case that is able to take a heavy beating or just one that can get your bow safely to the range or hunting spot?

·
Registered
Obsession evolution/PSE EVL 70#, BG slider 5 pin
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you looking for a case that is able to take a heavy beating or just one that can get your bow safely to the range or hunting spot?
A little bit of both. I want something quality that will hold up and not wreck havoc when in the truck or side x side. I would love the Pelican, but it seems a bit bulky expensive. Im sure there are a lot of other like the Plano, but i do want one that will last.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have been looking for a really good quality case. I have looked at the Pelican 1745 Air bow case, however it is quite expensive. Does any one have any experience with the Rugid gear case. link below. Any suggestions would be helpful.

You a meme er with guidefitter? Funny I just saw this case pop up, looks great for local hunting, I wouldn’t fly with it though. I have a SKB, haven’t flown to hunt yet, but I’d be confident in the SKB if I did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
736 Posts
I have the Rugid and I love it. Obviously not airline worthy but it’s very well padded and rides in the bed if my truck just fine. I found mine on Camofire when I bought it. Haven’t seen one on there since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
I went through a similar search last year and landed on the Pelican V730 for $150. It's been great!

·
Registered
358 Posts
If you have to fly, SKB or Pelican.

If you don't have to fly, there's a ton of options that range in prices, and both soft and hard will do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a double SKB that has flown a few times. I really like it just not what I use for when I hunt local. I use a cheap Plano with foam that holds my bow very secure in the back seat of my truck for my local hunts. I’m less than 30 minutes to my spots so not worried about it banging around.

·
Registered
None
331 Posts
If you have to fly, SKB or Pelican.

If you don't have to fly, there's a ton of options that range in prices, and both soft and hard will do.
f
If your gonna fly I have a SKB it's took a beating over the years it's been out west a ton.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts