Votes: 21 9.1%
  • other

Votes: 49 21.1%
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wondering which bow is hunted with the most!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Matthew Icon. IMO it is by far one of the smoothest shooting bows on the market. I have shot the Legacy, and a friend Hoyt ultratec.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
cycbertec 65# 29"draw 400gr arrow shooting 285fps :D

·
74,535 Posts
Mathews

Currently shooting Icon

Love the Legacy

MQ2XL is one of the best all around Mathews bows.

·
Banned
333 Posts
I deer hunt!!!!

therefore I shoot a jennings :) :)

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Hunting with the same bow I use for 3ds, Conquest 3.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hoyt MT sport

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
I just shot the Mathews LX, Legacy, and Hoyt Ultratec today at the proshop. I had shot them before but just wanted to shoot them all again, using the same arrow, draw length weight etc.

I still prefer the feel of the Ultratech to the Mathews, although the Mathews grip is very nice. The Ultratech was definitely the quietest of the three. (Mathews had no limb savers though). Cam and 1/2 is a very smooth cam. Not as fast as the Mathews, but solid wall and better draw length adjustibility. All great bows, but for hunting I lean towards the Hoyt. Can't wait to see this years bows!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mathews Legacy and love it.:D

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Chaparral Kaibab longbow, 51#@29" draw with 31"Carbonwood Vapor arrows tipped with Simmons 190 grain Interceptors and stuffed with Carbon Express 3 grain per inch inserts. Wooly Whispers added for complete silence!

Firebrand Colorado at 60# for now, 31" draw. Carbon Express CX-300's cut to 29" tipped with either Rocky Tradition 100's or Wasp Boss Bullet 100's.
-Copper John Dead Nuts Hunter 5 pin with the blue light special. Also stole the LimbSaver module off my broken Trophy Ridge Matrix sight and tied it on with artificial sinew.
-NAP Quick Tune 4000 drop away rest.
-TruBall Spyder/SpeedBalls sting silencers.
-LimbSaver single modulur stabilizer with stabilizer enhancer added. Short and light.
-TruBall Short-N-Sweet Pro buckle release.

Ancient Archery 72" Hickory selfbow, 55#@29.5". Good old home-made ceder arrows. When I decide to hunt with this one I will make up some knapped flint broadheads for that sharper than razer sharp edge. Don't believe it? Just run your finger across one!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Mathews SQ2........Quiet, short, forgiving, and did I mention it was quiet.....

Now if I could only find quiet feathers????

1 - 20 of 70 Posts