Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I have a Tree Walker Climbing Stand and need a good bow holder. I ordered one from Tree Walker and it is not working well for me. So here are the issues that I am having:

1. With the Treewalker the upper and lower platforms fit tightly together. So I was trying to find a bow holder that could stay mounted when the platforms are packed. This is mostly likely impossible. No way to can attach to the lower platform because it fits inside the wider upper platform.

2. If you mount on the upper platform lower rail you limit prevent the net seat from moving back to climb with and forward to sit on. If you mount on the upper rail you block pin holes and the lower platform gets in the way.

So what I need is a light and easy bow holder to attach to the stand while in the tree. I would prefer an upper platform upper rail mount bow holder (treewalker is square tubing) that is simple and can be installed in the dark. I am thinking slip on and tighten down. I would prefer not to have a tree mounted holder as it adds more weight and would be another item to strap on or drill into the tree.

I would very much appreciate your recommendations.

Pale~

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I use one of the team realtree bow hangers, the 23" and it works pretty good. I also use a HME bow holder that can be loosened and slide out of the way with my Treewalker. I think it was around $9.00 at Dicks Sporting Goods.

·
One bubble off...
3,841 Posts
I had that exact same model, but couldn't keep it from moving when my bow was in it. No matter how tight I cranked the allen screw, the weight of my bow would eventually cause the holder to slip. The Summit has a nut that secures it from moving once you tighten the knob. Best holder I have found.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use one of the team realtree bow hangers, the 23" and it works pretty good. I also use a HME bow holder that can be loosened and slide out of the way with my Treewalker. I think it was around $9.00 at Dicks Sporting Goods.
Johnnieb, where do you mount it? Top platform upper rail, left side? If you have to take it completely off and then put on in the tree is it a single knob or knob and thumbscrew? Are tools needed to tilt the angle?

Thanks!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Flingin, I would assume that after you tighten the angle of the forks that you don't need to mess with that again and the big knob at the bottom is easy to tighten and untighen. Is that right?

·
One bubble off...
3,841 Posts
I like the looks of that. Is there only 1 knob to tighten?
Correct. There is only one knob on the holder and you don't need anything more than light hand tightening to secure it.

Like I said, I can take it from my pack to installed in less than 30 seconds.

·
One bubble off...
3,841 Posts
Flingin, I would assume that after you tighten the angle of the forks that you don't need to mess with that again and the big knob at the bottom is easy to tighten and untighen. Is that right?
You only need to tighten the big knob when installing it on your stand, but I am telling you, getting the Allen screw tight enough to hold your bow securely is tough to do. I know guys who took the entire thing apart so they could file a flat spot on the holder's main rod to keep it from moving.

Here is one of the reviews from Cabelas...

"If I could give it 0 stars I would have. I could not get my bow to stay, it kept sliding down no matter how much I tightened it. Dont buy it, save your money"

·
Banned
3,149 Posts
Bow holder from third hand archery...best on the market!

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Check out U Slide Pete for a hanger

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Only way to go!

·
Registered
11,505 Posts
Hi everyone.

I have a Tree Walker Climbing Stand and need a good bow holder. I ordered one from Tree Walker and it is not working well for me. So here are the issues that I am having:

1. With the Treewalker the upper and lower platforms fit tightly together. So I was trying to find a bow holder that could stay mounted when the platforms are packed. This is mostly likely impossible. No way to can attach to the lower platform because it fits inside the wider upper platform.

2. If you mount on the upper platform lower rail you limit prevent the net seat from moving back to climb with and forward to sit on. If you mount on the upper rail you block pin holes and the lower platform gets in the way.

So what I need is a light and easy bow holder to attach to the stand while in the tree. I would prefer an upper platform upper rail mount bow holder (treewalker is square tubing) that is simple and can be installed in the dark. I am thinking slip on and tighten down. I would prefer not to have a tree mounted holder as it adds more weight and would be another item to strap on or drill into the tree.

I would very much appreciate your recommendations.

Pale~
I have the HME that I tried once and didnt like, what I do now is, take a small bungee cord and strap my team realtree bow hanger to it, stays put nicely. I then climb the tree with it still bungeed down, get to my desired height, unstrap it and screw it in the tree right where I want it. doesnt get any easier than that

·
Registered
935 Posts
I use a ez hanger and fold it up and slide it in my summit surround seat and climb up and take it out when I get to hunting height

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
EZ hanger for me. i know it's not the type you were asking about, but for me its the best. backpack goes on first, up against the tree, then bow hangs on the end. can double as a good rest also during gun season on my "awkward" shooting side.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
If I remeber right I actually put the HME bowholder on the lower left tube of the seat section of the climber. I slide it all the way to the front as far as possible so it doesn't interfer with the climbing .

·
<---Ride the Lightning
2,031 Posts
I had that exact same model, but couldn't keep it from moving when my bow was in it. No matter how tight I cranked the allen screw, the weight of my bow would eventually cause the holder to slip. The Summit has a nut that secures it from moving once you tighten the knob. Best holder I have found.
I have not had that problem with mine. Its been on my stand for two seasons with no problems at all, just my experience.

·
<---Ride the Lightning
2,031 Posts
That is right. If you are going to remove and reinstall each hunt I would mark your stand where you set it up. On my stand, the rail that it is attached to is an arc shape and if you didn't get it back on the same spot, you would need to readjust the forks.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everybody. I think I will try the summit universal holder first. I like the 1 knob design for simplicity. Though I will try the EZ hanger if the Summit doesn't hold by bow in the right position for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts