Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a my first bow. I need it to go to 31" - 32" draw length. I want to use it for target practice with my kids and possible hunting later on. i would like to find some that would be in $500 range used and not too old. I can not afford 1000-1500 for a bow right now. if anyone has any suggestions or advise it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
Xpedition Perfection with the XS plus cam from around 2016-17 I think, that would be my first choice. Should be able to find one way under $500

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
PSE PHENOM DC goes to 33" , as does the XT I believe. Just be aware to stay away from the SD (short draw) version of the Phenom.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Which bow did you try to determine your DL so we have an idea of the type of feel you are looking for?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the guy that is helping me let me try a supra, phenom sd, and a mission riot. the most any of them would let out is 30" and they were still too short. I bought the phenom sd for my daughter and mission riot for my son.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Buy my Hoyt Carbon RX1 for $795. Can do it all. Like new.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
View attachment 6970595

I found this beast for 500 plus shipping does this seam like a good deal?
Axcel sight bar with CBE Housing, PRO V vapor trail rest, Too simple thumb button release, bee stinger stabilizer with side bar.

·
The Impartial Archer
19,373 Posts
Which bow did you try to determine your DL so we have an idea of the type of feel you are looking for?
Notice he didn't answer that......lol. He's probably 6'1" and shooting a 32 inch draw. :wink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts