Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at new broadheads what ones do you use and post pics. I heard good things about grim reaper and nap killzones

·
Registered
5 Posts
I switched to Slick Trick (100gr.) last year and love them. They fly as well as an expandable but are much more durable. They have a small diameter (1"), but make nice holes due to the four blades. I shot three whitetails since switching, and the furthest one ran was about fourty yards.
I

·
Banned
854 Posts
There are many of these threads in existance. I remember posting on one not too long ago. I use grizztrick2s. Shot a 6 pointer with one this fall.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
rage 3 blade . I know alot of people dont like rage , but they work . I've never had a problem with any of them. I tried the 2 blade worked good and the extremes, they worked good too , but the three blade are just nasty

·
Registered
734 Posts
Slick Trick mag's and going to try the new Rage Hypodermic. I love the Trick's so we will see.

·
kill'n deer, drink'n beer
9,759 Posts
SPITFIRE MAXXES! official broadhead of the "lung bubbles"

·
Registered
838 Posts
As of 15 minutes ago, Montec G5 stainless steel fixed 100 grain heads with a 1 1/16" cutting diameter. I like the one piece construction simplicity, the price was right and I can't wait to put one to use.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Slick trick mags, switched this year and shot a doe, 10 pt, and a yote, none went more than 30 yards and had awesome blood trails and huge slug holes! Used to shoot mx3's, flew fine just kept hear great things and wanted to try em out, won't be switching anytime soon. Although looks like there are several good head out both mechanical and fixed. Lots of threads on here for help.

·
Premium Member
26,863 Posts
The Ones on the end of my arrows when i am hunting.Anything but Tricks..Good Luck...Grizz

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Lots of great choices. My favorite for overall accuracy, penetration, durability and cut size is the QAD Exodus. The ferrules and blades are the toughest I have ever tested.

Attachments

·
BowhunterT100
6,615 Posts
slick trick 100grmags but i think iam going to try the qad exodus 100gr

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
I use silverflames because they are flat out the best for me IMO. Hogs, goats, and deer I have yet to not get a passthru and I've never shot above 50lbs. Most fall within sight. I can jack the poundage down on my bows in the winter and not be concerned with penetration. I've tried other broadheads and some were very good, but the silver flame is best for me. This year's public land buck:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
100 grain Steelforce Phatheads

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just switched to Killzones. Shot this buck yesterday. He was a little further than I thought....hit a lil low. Broke his leg bone, cut the artery to the heart, and busted through opposite side ribs, but didn't pass through. I saw blood gushing out the whole time he was running off. He made it about 80yd. When I found him the leg bone was sticking out of the entry hole...I was impressed. I give the Killzones a thumbs up!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts