Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent some time today testing broadheads in my SZ380. Here is what I came up with. Thunderhead 100grn 3 blade: Very poor flight, all over the map / Muzzy 90grn 4blade pretty much the same / Thunderhead 125 would group but low and right / G5 montec 100grn was awsome, it flew right with the field points. I am going to test Muzzy 125 3blade, and both G5 montec crossbow 100 and 125 tomorrow. My test were done out of a gun rest at 40 yards. So far I am sold on the G5's. Please chime in if you have any input with your setup.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
The G5 100 gr. flew perfect out of my 380 also,same holes as the 100 gr.field points. I also agree with your muzzy results,I have shot 100 gr. 3 blade 1 3/16th cut muzzys FOREVER out of my vertical compounds. The 380 is not fond of them at all. Keep us posted on your testing and results. I recieved my spitfires this week and plan on checking flight patterns on a few mechanicals this weekend.....

wap

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Laser II's brass inserts, 3" Fusion vanes, aluminum moon nocks and 100 grain fixed 4 blade Razor Tricks.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Slick Tricks ... or Spitfires.

·
Registered
11,775 Posts
spifires if they'll hold up, if not, I did get Thunderhead 125s to shoot well which was surprising at the speed of the 380, would like to see some shots with the razor tricks too

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Grim Reapers X-Bow RazorTips are shooting same spot as field points

1 - 7 of 7 Posts