Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post on this site. I've been using Thunderhead for the past several years, thinking about changing to Muzzy or Montec G-5. Do the G-5's fly straight? Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
The Montec heads have to be one of the most consistent flying broadheads I have seen. While some people like them, and others don't, the one thing pretty much everybody agrees with is that they fly superbly. I have been using them for the last 2 years out of a bow shooting 287fps and have been able to maintain acceptable broadhead accuracy out to 80 yards. Not that I would take a shot that far, but it gives you a feel for their overall accuracy.

While they are not super sharp coming out of the package, it only takes about 3 min to put a good edge on them. Penetration for me has been excellent and the only thing that actually stopped one was the opposite shoulder of a 275# hog.....and even then, just barely stopped it (BH was burried right up to the insert.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Try the tight point shuttle t lock. It flys like a field point and is very sharp. Has excellent penetration and stays assembled blades and all.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
slick tricks is what i am trying this year, you will find a huge following of these heads here.

·
registered
1,028 Posts
Slick Tricks for accuracy EXACTLY like field points, strength and killing power!

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I Like Muzzy 4 Blades But I Bought Some Razorcaps Just To Try. The 4 Blade 100gr Muzzy Is Hard To Beat

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
I'm reaching in to my quiver this fall with my eyes closed. Something is going to either eat a Rocket Sidewinder or a Slick Trick, I'm not picky :D

·
Registered
913 Posts
Trout66,
If your bow is properly tuned and everything is kosher, any properly manufactured broadhead should fly just like a field point. Right now, I really like the Slick Tricks for they great HOLE they leave through the animal. I also have some Thunderheads...they are a real good bh, too.

Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts