Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what everyone is shooting for broadheads??
I hunt mostly Iowa Whitetails with Goldtip 75/95's @ 29" 3 Blazer vanes. SB 70#'s Trophytaker rest. Would like something in the 75 gr weight. Any thoughts on what I should look at????
Thanks,

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
I currently use muzzy.... they work great for me, I like how they go together and stay together....

I have been thinking about trying magnus stingers next though.....

I hear great things about how they fly and really cut.....

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
I have always prefered 100gr for whitetails......

at the shop we sell 95% 100 gr..........

some people use 75gr but not to many.......

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I also am going to try slick tricks this yr. I just ordered some so hopefully they will show up here soon. I also went with blazer vanes this yr and I have been hearing they fly great with slick tricks so I am excited to see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Rocket

steelhead and ultimate steel.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I've shot Muzzy 4 blades 100 gr. forever, but this year slicktricks will be in my quiver.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
The most impressive whitetail heads that I have ever used are the Rocket Steelhead series. You can bet your favorite bow rig, I'll be using them again this year for IL whitetails! :thumbs_up :cool:

·
Registered
470 Posts
With that much bow and the heaviest Goldtips, why are you using 75 gr. heads? I'm guessing you won't get good, consistent flight. With 125 gr. heads, you'd probably get better flight and a quieter bow.

·
Registered
174 Posts
75 grain three blade Muzzy broadheads worked well for me on the two deer I shot last year with the exception of minimal blood trails.

-Brett

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
I'll be sending either a Slick Trick 100 or a Rocket Sidewinder 100 in a deer's direction this fall, hopefully it finds it's mark :teeth:

If you are dead set on 75 grain heads, I'd look at either Muzzy or the Rocket Ultimate Steel. If you are looking towards mechanicals, I would say either a Wasp Jak Hammer or the Rocket that weighs 76 grains, be darned if I cam remember the name of it when I need to :tongue:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I use 125 gr. 4 blade Muzzys with my gold tips 7595's at 30". they fly great and hit in the same spot as field points. That weight makes for a good FOC with my arrow length.

·
Registered
162 Posts
wasp boss 4-blade

I am going with the boss 4-blade this year. Flight and sharpness have been amazing. All wasp products that I have ever used have been great.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
I shot Thunderheads forever, but last year tried Muzzy 100's and I really liked the way that they went together and held up much better than the Thunderheads. I think I will go to Muzzy 75's this year though, I shot Thunderhead 85's with no problems on many deer. Easton94

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
I never saw a broadhead I didn't like. :D

I know the 4 bladed muzzy at 90 grains is realitively easy to tune and flys great.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Excellent Choice!

digger58 said:
Montec G5s a little more money but well worth it
Please read my review in reviews, these heads are really cheaper than many of the others...they are excellent in flight and dia. and you can just keep re-using and resharpening...in my 26-yrs. they are the best performing head that I have ever used. I have used Wasp, T-Heads, Savora, Muzzy, Rocket, Rocky mt, Zwickey, Hoyt top-cuts no longer made, Marden, the list goes on...
So far the best I have used are the G5 Montecs.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts