Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Any good quality head will fly well out of a tuned bow and the proper arrow. You can pick up a variety of used ones from the classifieds here and give them a try. Do your own destruction testing, then pick the one you like best and stick with it. For me, the choice is Slick Trick Mags @ 100 grains.

If you want some specific suggestions, post up your draw weight and what animal you plan to hunt the most.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
I'm waiting to see the new 3-blade tekans I just heard about for next year. This year I used this year's model and the held up great, shoulder shots too.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Rage two blade

I used the Rage two blade this year. I killed six deer this year and all were recovered within 60 yards.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
slick tricks and shuttle t lock

·
Registered
316 Posts
I use G5 Striker 100gr. I took my first deer with 1 this year and it was down in 30 yards. I sharpened the blades and its ready for another one.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I started out with a Two blade Rage, Left big holes and tremendoes blood trails BUT NOT DURABLE!!! every deer I shot I could not reuse the Brodhead! That is 100% unexceptable! So I shoot G5 Montech's! there Unbelievable! Easy To resharpen, 100% steel! durability is amazing!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I've got both Thunderheads and G5 strikers. Both of these heads are mounted on 340fmj's and I love them. I've also shot Wac'em's by Triton. Great heads also.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Nap

I suggest trying NAP Razorcaps. Fly like my field tips and very durable and another benifit is that you can either resharpen them or replace.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Any of the Slick Tricks, my choice is the original (now called Magnums).

They're very durable because they are constructed of all steel, have four surgically sharp SS blades that are .035" thick and interlocked inside the ferrule making it virtually imposable for a blade to fall out.

They also are very easy to tune with many reports of not tuning need.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts