Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What calls could I use this early in the season? I have found no rubs or scrapes...just heavy used trails. It is still 80 degrees here in Missouri...too early?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Just my 2 cents

I would use social calls Doe grunts with an ocasional buck grunt and if you want to arose some heads do a fawn bleat ,the more ya turn it on with the bleat the faster the doe will run in thinking the young is in trouble,believe me she will come running ,be ready to shot as soon as she stops to servey the situation over (thats if you want a Doe)Bucks will come in also but everything will be very weary looking for the one in distress! I'm no expert but I have done this and its worked>just my 2cents<

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
MoNofletch,
I've been using a call made by Big River named the Pacifier. It's an inhale only call with an open and adjustable reed. I use mine with the reed in a doe bleat position and have shot 3 bucks with by using it that way. ;) The call can be purchased at most Wal-Mart or Meijer's stores for $6.

I've found this call to be very valuable due to its' versatility and that it won't let you call too loudly, which is often a mistake.

Also, Primos make a call named the Lil' Can, that is intended for early season use. You might want to check it out too.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

1 - 3 of 3 Posts