Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,064 Posts
When using the Shaft Selector Xpert, I'm wondering if I should be using 2 cam soft or 2 cam medium for my Ross Carnivore 34 (hybrid cam). Any help would be most appreciated! See pic.
The cam style is selected based on IBO rated speed of the bow. By selcting your bow from the database page the program will automatically set the correct cam style for your bow.

The default setting is for 1cam when a hybrid cam bow is selected. It comes from the characteristics of a hybrid cam being similar to a single cam bow. The only difference in selecting 2cam over 1cam for the cam style will be if you prefer to shoot stiffer spined arrows, as the 2cam setting will select arrows with a slightly stiffer spine.

For the most part leaving it at the setting selected by the database will be the way to go, but if in shooting the bow you discover otherwise you can change it to the 2cam setting.

good luck

· And to the "Republic"....
818 Posts
According to V2.4.21 it is a 1 cam hard.

Brian

· Registered
3,064 Posts
According to V2.4.21 it is a 1 cam hard.

Brian
Just to let you know v2.4.22-2 is available for download, Larry released it 2/15/2011

· Registered
3,064 Posts
Thanks - I'm looking at the trial version and my bow is not listed in the database. Will the paid version have a larger selection?
Yes, the full version will have all bows manufactured from 2002 until today

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.