Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,
i have to adjust my draw length to a longer draw, but i can't do it untill tuesday or wednesday.
is there anything that i can practice on without shooting? (without actually shooting or without a bow at all) :)
thankx

·
Registered
84 Posts
A1,
Make yourself a "practice stick" and practice your surprise release, if you're shooting 3D, practice your yardage estimation. I throw a couple of balls around the yard and practice estimating yardage with em. You could do some "visualization" stuff, close your eyes, see the target, address the target, draw, anchor, center (I don't aim, I center LOL) and use your release sequence. You might feel silly doing this in your room but I feel it helps me

Something to do anyways while you're Jonesing for your archery fix.

Will

·
Registered
571 Posts
archery1, I know you might think this is silly but practise mentally shooting perfect shots. Picture yourself at the shooting line, pulling the bow back, and executing a perfect shot.

If you think this is nuts ask a pro archer about it. Olympic champions do this and so can you. It will make a difference.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Cory, do what the other two have said and vizualize the shots. My dad is hypnotherapist and he helps me with this, give it a try, it has really helped my focus on the target

1 - 4 of 4 Posts