Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to make the jump to fat indoor arrows and see that 23's all say they are World Archery Federation (WAF) competition compliant. What does that mean? Are there competitions that don't allow the 27's? I'm leaning toward the Easton Fatboys but wonder what restrictions are related to the 27's. All input is appreciated.

Thanks
- B

·
Registered
304 Posts
The reasoning for the 23/64's arrows(9.3mm), at least I think it's the reason, is that a 23/64" diameter arrow will fit between the X-ring and the 10 ring where the 27/64" will touch both rings. Now that World Archery has gone to an inner ten only target face, who knows if they'll keep that rule for long.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
You can use 27s for pretty much every competition. Unless you are a pro don't worry about the WAF. 27s are great for an indoor arrow. If you are going to shoot field or long distances the fanboys would be a better all around option.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My biggest concern is USA archery rule events. As long as the 27's are OK there, I may go with the 27's.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The 27's won't be legal at USA Archery sanctioned events. They follow the World Archery standard which calls for a 23/64" O.D. maximum. The 27's are fine for any NFAA shoots (and most local shoots).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts