Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

· Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Bowtech and Elite have press less tuning options. PSE now has a nice solution, and even Mathews has an ok solution with top hats, while the bow is pressed.

Hoyt seems to be the most behind when it comes to tuning, and having the tool helps a little but doesn't make it less of an adventure, and it encourages shops that are lazy to just move the rest. If they came out with an easy solution it would really get some buzz and people excited IMO

Reactions: DJO

· Premium Member
V3X33 / SX80 / Enkore
385 Posts
A redesigned riser. One a little longer and straighter while at the same time keeping the lower brace heights that they offer. Keep the draw mods like they are, and keep a nice 33-34 inch ATA offering. The HBX Pro cams are nice, really nice.

· Registered
21 Posts
I would really like Hoyt to include as part of the package a portable bow press with correct adapters for their ultraflex limbs. On a large scale will add another 150, 200 bucks tops but likely less. Nice bow press at home is fine but hunting for a decent third party solution that is rarely in stock is frustrating. Having one from Hoyt would be marvelous. Sort of like when bikes come with their own little pumps for emergencies. with past-parallel bows being all over this is overdue.

· Registered
5,197 Posts
End the bridge.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pandabow

· Registered
1,174 Posts
I've vowed to never buy another Hoyt until they come up with a tuning system that is comparable to the competition. I've had 3 new Hoyt's in the last 2 years and all 3 had to be shimmed, which was a pain. And even after shimming my arrows on all 3 bows were way to the outside. I've also had new PSE's, Bowtechs, Elite and Mathews and tuning was much easier with all of these and coincidentally, l shot all of them better than the Hoyt's as well.

· Registered
1,225 Posts
Bowtech and Elite have press less tuning options. PSE now has a nice solution, and even Mathews has an ok solution with top hats, while the bow is pressed.

Hoyt seems to be the most behind when it comes to tuning, and having the tool helps a little but doesn't make it less of an adventure, and it encourages shops that are lazy to just move the rest. If they came out with an easy solution it would really get some buzz and people excited IMO
I agree Hoyt is behind (sort of) Bowtech, Elite, and PSE with the shims, but Mathews is the most behind everyone on tuning options. Mathews DL can still only be changed in 1/2” increments and you gotta buy mods at $70 a pop to change it. All the others you mentioned can be adjusted on the cam in 1/4” and the provided grips effective get you 1/8” DL adjustments. Mathews provides no additional grips, you can buy them aftermarket though. I literally switched from Mathews to Hoyt because of lack of DL adjustability. Liked Bowtech but wondered if all those Allen screws would work loose at the wrong time. Elite doesn’t have a 40” offering or I would have looked at them. Mathews also needs to fix their mods coming loose and below par bearings they use. My TRX, both Halons, and Chill all had to blue Loc-tite the screws holding mods on. I’ve shot my Stratos a lot and screws have stayed tight without having to Loc-tite. Bearings are a known issue with Mathews bows and there are even videos available on how to replace them and info on what aftermarket bearings to buy. Mathews is light years behind the competition.

· Registered
221 Posts
I agree Hoyt is behind (sort of) Bowtech, Elite, and PSE with the shims, but Mathews is the most behind everyone on tuning options. Mathews DL can still only be changed in 1/2” increments and you gotta buy mods at $70 a pop to change it. All the others you mentioned can be adjusted on the cam in 1/4” and the provided grips effective get you 1/8” DL adjustments. Mathews provides no additional grips, you can buy them aftermarket though. I literally switched from Mathews to Hoyt because of lack of DL adjustability. Liked Bowtech but wondered if all those Allen screws would work loose at the wrong time. Elite doesn’t have a 40” offering or I would have looked at them. Mathews also needs to fix their mods coming loose and below par bearings they use. My TRX, both Halons, and Chill all had to blue Loc-tite the screws holding mods on. I’ve shot my Stratos a lot and screws have stayed tight without having to Loc-tite. Bearings are a known issue with Mathews bows and there are even videos available on how to replace them and info on what aftermarket bearings to buy. Mathews is light years behind the competition.
You’ve got to admit, as much as having draw weight and letoff on a specific mod sucks (which has kept me away from Mathews), having draw weight on the mod is a huge step up from the competition. If they could find a way to make the letoff and draw length be on a rotating mod and have replacement mods with different weights, I’d likely make the jump.

· Registered
2,218 Posts
To consider them, somewhere around a pound lighter carbon offerings and get rid of the chub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i agree with the lighter carbon offerings, however the chub is removable and i do not believe any other bow company throws a "stabilizer" in with the purchase......

· Ice Cold
12,320 Posts
i agree with the lighter carbon offerings, however the chub is removable and i do not believe any other bow company throws a "stabilizer" in with the purchase......
As much as I’m against the belief that most stabilizers used on hunting bows make a noticeable difference with the typical amount of weight people use, it feels gimmicky to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 76 Posts