Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what City / State is everyone from?? Friend of mine was saying bow hunting is a southern thing. I figured it was spread across the U.S.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Lol. I have always figured bowhunting to be more of a northern thing honestly. I obviously know people bowhunt nationwide, just seems Texas and Alabama are the only southern states I hear much about as far as BH goes.

Kalamazoo Michigan here.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Well Hoyt is in Utah and Mathews is in Wisconsin, not exactly southern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Welcome!!!!! I don't know about the bowhunting thing but I've heard they take their 3D shoots damn serious. Stands to reason they'd take bowhunting seriously too.
Owensboro, Ky......right on the Ohio River but do my hunting about 80 miles SW of here in the Pennyroyal region of the state.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Bowtech is in Eugene, Oregon... That's northwest. I'm in Boise, Idaho, and the bow hunting is alive and well here.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Rocky Hill
1,370 Posts
SW Missouri, Do my bow hunting in Galena Mo. about 30 miles from Branson Mo. Also the head waters to Tablerock lake.

Rocky

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I think it is spread across pretty evenly. I actually would have thought that it would lean more toward the North than the south. Im from NC but I live it and breathe it.

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
wont say the town, state is Indiana...we have some of the worst deer management in the US ... just sayin' ..

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
CA, Los Angeles. Hunting is not a thing here... even in the slightest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Portland OR. Home of the Roosevelt Elk and the Blacktail Deer (grey ghost is what the call them) Bowhunting is big here and we're in the North

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Central Michigan here.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Elite Archery is based in Henrietta,NY far from the south. I'm from Ohio by the way about an hour south of Toledo.

·
Registered
10,584 Posts
MN has 100,000 bowhunters. WI and MI have way more.

1 - 20 of 238 Posts