Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating whether to move from the FHC to the FBR class to be included in the shooter of the year or to stay in the FHC. What are you guys doing for 2004?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I read this thread now 3dgal. ;)
I answered your question in the other thread, but I will answer here too; just in case you didn't read my reply in the other thread.
I was shooting in the FHC too. I am going to move up to FBR next year. I am going to try to get 4 shoots in. I wish they would put a list of everyone who qualified to shoot the SOY, then we could all see where we placed, even if we don't make it to the top 3. It would just be nice to know. Do you agree?
My husband and I are going to join ASA next year. I'm anxious to see how that organization works. Good luck in your decision for next year. I already made mine. I will be the one towards the bottom of the list, because I'm not to good guessing yardage out to 45 yards. I will give it my best shot though!!!!!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe I will stay in the FHC one more year. I also am a part of the ASA. You will absolutely love it. Try to go to Tennessee. That is their best shoot of the year, I think (just an opinion). There is only one thing I don't like about IBO. At the national shoots except the world you just walk up and shoot with whoeever, kids, guys, and I have never shot with girls at the triple crowns and I would rather shoot with the girls, nothing personal. I think they should give times out also.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm not sure what FHC or FBR stands for since I don't shoot IBO. I've shot ASA the last 3 years in womens bowhunter and will again this year.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
I will shoot in the Womens Pro Class for my 2nd year. Archery is a challenge no matter what class you are in. So remember to have quality practice and have fun no matter what the outcome!!!
Good Luck to you ladies and if you want any help, just ask:D

·
Registered
303 Posts
AL Sapphire, FHC means Female Hunter Class, which is up to 35 yards and FBR means Female Bowhunter Release, which is up to 45 yards. Both classes have to use fixed pins. Maybe we will meet each other at the ASA shoots. I'm anxious for the year to start. I have league withdrawals about this time of year. LOL My husband and I are only shooting one league right now and that is the pits. We need two or three.
Good Luck with your shooting!

3dmama, thanks for the offer! I might take you up on that sometime.

3dgal, Good Luck in FHC! I wish you the best. I need luck with FBR! I'm curious to see what scores I get. I need to get out there and practice my yardage. But, I will have fun no matter what scores I get.

Good Luck to all the Ladies!!!! Have fun and keep smiling! :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ladyrobinhood,

Thanks for the info. I too am going through withdrawls. I'm taking this time to really work on my form. I can't wait till feb!! Hope to see you. We have dot shoots every friday nights here, but 3d is in my blood and is what I love.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3d-mama, have you ever had a coach and if so did it help? I just ordered my new bow today and I was wondering if I should get a coach to better myself. I have placed at the worlds for the past two years yet I haven't got first, which is my goal. What do ya think?

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
3dgal,
I personally have never had a coach. I do know people who have had coaches and improved alot. I think its a personal choice, if you feel like you have gone as far as you can by yourself then maybe a coach would be your logical next step.. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts