Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hanging around here trying to figure out what class I could be competitive in. I've only shot one 3D shoot. It was a little deal on base so there weren't any classes. I held my own compared to every one else that had been shooting the course for a couple months. Anyway here is my gear I'll be shooting.
2006 Allegiance 60#
Maxima 250s
Ripcord rest
CJ Dead Nuts III
Scotts Little Bitty Goose ( want to try a BT)

I've heard different classes with hunter and pins and I really don't know what classes is restricted to what. I joined the archery club here on base and I will be shooting in some of the 3D shoots they have coming up this winter. I shot archery for 10 years now but have only hunted. So what do you guys think. Also where can I find different info. on the classes?
Thanks in advance,
Jarrod

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I would get ahold..

I would get ahold of an officer in the club, and see what rules they're going to follow!! I would recommend hunter class if your shooting IBO rules...4 pins in sight and 4in fletchings...ASA is alittle more leanent on equipement rules, but no shoots around here so cant give you much info on their rules... heck the club may have their own rules or no rules and just shoot for fun
But I warn you now 3D can be habit forming!!!! so have fun!!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to go to the club meeting. It's hard to get ahold of anyone right now because it is hunting season right now so everyone is out doing there thing. It sucks because I have to wait until next year to get into the big game hunts. But it's on come spring!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts