Archery Talk Forum banner

What could cause this?

525 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Otdrsman85
I purchased a new DXT 30" draw. I set it up with a d loop and nothing else on the string. I recently put a G5 Meta Peep in the string and my groups shifted to the left 4-5" @ 20 yards. I thought it must be grip torque....I tried relaxing my grip. Making sure I wasn't torquing the bow. I could not figure out anything with my grip. I took the peep out of the string tonight and shot with just a release and anchor point (first knuckle right under my ear lobe) and I was shooting dead on straight. I put the peep back in the string....my groups shifted left.

I am left handed, left eye dominant but have been shooting for 3 years right handed. I shoot both eyes open. I even tried shutting my left eye while shooting the peep and the groups were still left.

Any reasoning behind this?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Got Archery?
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you look down my arrow, center the string through my grip and line up my sight without a peep I'm hitting dead on. If I put the peep in, why would my sight have to be out of line with the arrow and center of my grip is what I'm asking I guess.

· Banned
3,222 Posts
just change the windage on your sight to poa and if you figure out your doing something wrong, change it back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.