Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several target compounds hanging in my basement, started thinking eventually to trade one for crossbow....
but I don't hunt, I am a FITA and Field competition - target shooter, and my club is just around a corner in a 70 acres bush. I have seen folks there with crossbow, but verticals don't mix :)
my compounds are all set with high end stuff, I know all the pros and coins in that game, I would expect sooner or later to dressing up the crossbow as well.
In my target shooting the speed wasn't really the interest but a most customization and highest accuracy.
What brands shall I look that I can gradually upgrade along the line?

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Just looking at your location I would think a nice Excalibur would suite you...

·
Bringer of truth
14,908 Posts
i can tell yuo that a bow that is reasonable easy to cock but moderely fast and light weight would be of most importance......here would be some bows i think might be worth looking at for doing this.

Excalibur PHEONIX OR MATRIX 350, SZ 350, Tenpoint stealth ss, OH AND CALL WAYVERN this will be beaten into your head as well. and after you review some bows and know the different mdels from surfing websites you really should call him.
He sells alot of bow on here and is the guy to go to for unbiased opinons on waht to buy. He can sell you any bow you want too so is not basing his sales on current stock that has to go.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have tried may different compounds in the past and as the signature is showing I got to the very top of a pile,
but somehow I didn't play with crossbows for long enough to feel the difference :confused3:
thanks for chime in
btw, what is that username again?

·
Registered
10,682 Posts
Hello, bigHun.
If I wanted a crossbow strictly for target shooting, I would probably be interested in a PSE Tac Ordinance or Elite series most of all.
Be sure to look at the 2013 models as they're improved for this year.
http://pse-archery.com/c/crossbows
You can switch triggers, arrow rests, and stocks on them to suit your needs.
The main negative is they're not really built for offhand shooting and are at their best from a rest.
The best crossbow for offhand shooting, imo, is the Scorpyd because of its superb balance.
The Scorpyd Velocity would be my personal choice for all around target work and hunting.
I see, you already have the world's finest compound listed in your signature. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts