Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
World & National Champion
33,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a vantage elite with #1 cam 1/2 and I'm going to swap the limbs. What deflection do I need to max around 50lbs?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I agree. Call Hoyt. I have always found them to be helpful and accurate. Because I am frequently changing both cam style and cam size, the results are sometimes surprising. I have always received accurate direction and advise from the Hoyt techs.

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
Call Hoyt.

They have this voodoo formula system that determines what deflection numbers for what cam and for what riser.

-Steve

·
NFAA
2,624 Posts
#92 deflection on my Vantage Pro gave me 50-60lbs....I am going to guess that you need a #84 deflection....call Hoyt!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
hoyt....801.363.2990

·
33,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got this thing down to 45lbs and it's still too much for my pretzel arms. I think I may like the bow but I need to drop it down closer to 40 to know for sure.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
My bow is a 40-50# with number 2 cams spirals....I want 50-60 I'm not sure what the numbers I have now but maybe we can work a trade???

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
HAHA!!! Ya better start getting to the gym. Hope the Mrs. is getting bewtter as well. Have a great, safe and happy holiday season!!!!!!

Bob

·
33,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Happy holidays to you as well Bob. She puller her bow back for the first time tonite. I still don't think shooting is much of an option but she showing promise. I know she'll be trying while I'm at work. Sending you a pm fire&ice about your limbs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts