Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a used Hoyt Tykron Sport for my wife and I need to replace the center servig. I am guessing it's a stock string (black/pink) and she is using gold tip arrows.

What diameter serving seems to work the best for these arrows? I would guess .21 but I don't want to buy it and realize it's too tight. I know I can increase the size if need be by serving over a strand.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Well I would think that you will be just fine with .021 but depending on the diameter of the string it may be too loose of fit. You may need to bump it up to .025. I like .021 for my Easton X nocks and Gold tip nocks are slightly larger. So you may want .025. I haven't had much experience with Gold Tip nocks but I have a friend who serves all his strings with .025 center serving and he uses Gold Tip arrows religiously.

·
World & National Champion
33,999 Posts
I would agree with you on the .021 but the strings may be a bit smaller on that bow compared to most. Can you count the strands and compare it to another hoyt to see if they're the same size?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I'll get the .021 since it sounds like it will either be perfect or loose. Either case I can make it work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts