Archery Talk Forum banner
301 - 320 of 463 Posts

·
<------Reese
Hoyt Ventum 33 and KI Swat X1
19,271 Posts
I bought a log splitter and cart to haul split wood in and a used four wheeler to pull them both.
Wife doesn't know about me buying them but she will be surprised since I got them for her cause she said she wants more logs for the fire pit at property and she said she's to weak to split wood manual so I got her the tools to do it herself
Which splitter did you buy?

·
Registered
19,195 Posts
Tractor supply one , countryline 25. If I of had a wood burner I'd of gotten a better one but this one is for the wife to use and stack wood for her fire pit. Plus it was a good deal on a year old one.

·
Registered
Mathews Traverse
3,695 Posts
Tractor supply one , countryline 25. If I of had a wood burner I'd of gotten a better one but this one is for the wife to use and stack wood for her fire pit. Plus it was a good deal on a year old one.
I got the same exact one last year, it's been an awesome splitter. 👍

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I just bought some arrows...but that's secondary to what I really want to share. I occasionally buy off ebay, but I don't do the auction items. I purchase the "buy it now" items. Holy cow, I didn't know ebay "sniping" was a thing. I watched the countdown clock hit 2 seconds and simultaneously watched my winning bid lose by $1!!

I bet some AT member is on here smugly smiling at the great deal he/she got on some great arrows. Oh well, such is life. I went back in on another auction and actually succeeded in getting the other set of arrows I wanted...but I sure did want that first set. Anyway, when the second auction was counting down in the final seconds, I could literally hear my heart beating louder and faster. It's crazy how psychological the whole process was. I remember my heart beating like that when a doe walked under my tree in my first season of bowhunting--I literally thought I was going to have a heart attack.

·
Registered
Mathews Traverse
3,695 Posts
I just bought some arrows...but that's secondary to what I really want to share. I occasionally buy off ebay, but I don't do the auction items. I purchase the "buy it now" items. Holy cow, I didn't know ebay "sniping" was a thing. I watched the countdown clock hit 2 seconds and simultaneously watched my winning bid lose by $1!!

I bet some AT member is on here smugly smiling at the great deal he/she got on some great arrows. Oh well, such is life. I went back in on another auction and actually succeeded in getting the other set of arrows I wanted...but I sure did want that first set. Anyway, when the second auction was counting down in the final seconds, I could literally hear my heart beating louder and faster. It's crazy how psychological the whole process was. I remember my heart beating like that when a doe walked under my tree in my first season of bowhunting--I literally thought I was going to have a heart attack.
Yup.... I used to snipe auctions all the time. Its fun and can get a good deal. 😆

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
My wife caught me on this thread and wanted me to clarify with "all your archery talk friends" that the bow I reported last month was technically a gift from her. So yes, she deserves the credit. She's not into archery, but does a great job of listening and watching and has surprised me with some great archery-related gifts. Happy wife...

301 - 320 of 463 Posts